Automatically filling info from product search/barcode

Hi there,

I’m finding I get no product matches when searching the authors/titles/ISBNs of books (searches for other products seem to work fine). Where might I be going wrong?

Am I correct in thinking that I can automatically select categories and fill the title field etc by searching for book items in the eBay catalog?

It might be that your book is not available in eBay’s product catalogue. However, what ISBN are you tyring to enter?

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

I’ve tried a number of ISBNs, authors, and titles, and none of them have had any matches/results. Here are some examples:

Hi Ollie,

I tried it with ISBN 9781782111238 but without success. I then tried it with the title “The lonely city” and that worked.
Not sure why the ISBN didn’t work though.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

There are the results I get for 'the lonely city;:

None of these are the correct item, or even books as far as I can tell. In fact, try as I might, I am yet to see any books in the search results at all, which is part of the reason I’m beginning to wonder whether this functionality actually exists!

These are my result:

I am using eBay USA. You can check the selected eBay Site in the “Advanced” Inspector.

Regards, Kristian

I tried changing the site to eBay US and still got the same search results for ‘the lonely city’. Are there any other settings or factors which control how Garagesale connects with the eBay catalog?

Hi Ollie,

it’s important that the correct eBay site is selected in the Inspector sidebar (“Advanced” tab).
Please double-check it there.

Regards, Kristian

I’m in the UK so originally had it set to eBay UK. Even if I change this to eBay US it does not seem to affect the product search results.

Hi Ollie,

it turns out that the product seach is tied to initial selected eBay site in the GarageSale preferences > eBay > New Listing. Not to the selection in the Inspector so I was wrong.

However, it seems that “the lonely city” is not available in the eBay UK product catalogue but available on eBay USA and eBay Germany.
If you need to use eBay UK there’s nothing you can do I fear.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.