BigCommerce question from loyal GarageSale user

Hello to my friends at GarageSale / iwascoding:

In addition to our eBay store, we are launching a BigCommerce store for our official website.

As BigCommerce does not have an answer, maybe you can help.

For eBay, with the latest GarageSale software, the image URL is hidden on mouseover for images in product description. This is due to new eBay policy.

Could you send me the JavaScript or the code you use to hide image URL? Hopefully, I can use the same for our BigCommerce store.

At BigCommerce, you can see the CDN image URL on image mouseover for product detail page.

Please see attached screenshot.

We don’t use any javascript code. Also, we don’t hide the image URLs.
If you need to retrieve the image URL it should help to right-click on the image and select “Copy Image URL”.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Here is a sample store from the developer using the same theme (Brixton Warm). I should have provided this earlier.

http://brixton-warm-demo.mybigcommerce.com/isa-boot-oak/

We are able to edit the theme if you have any suggestions.

Hi atp,

I had another look at your screenshot you provided earlier.

You’re using Chrome. Chrome (and Safari, too) display a little preview of the URL at the bottom left if you hover over a link.
Since we don’t use image links in GarageSale there’s no URL preview in the browser. Does that makes sense?

Regards, Kristian

Yes, it does make sense. This will be my last post in order to keep your forum on topic, however can you recommend a method to modify the theme and remove links from the image carousel? I believe the theme uses a product called Flickity. Thank you so much.

https://flickity.metafizzy.co/

Hi atp,

please understand that I can’t provide you with support for a product that has nothing to do with GarageSale.
I am sure “BigCommerce” is willing to help you if you contact their support.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.