Can't edit price for multiple listings

Not sure if this is a bug or something I’m doing wrong, but when I try to select multiple listings in GarageSale 7 and change the Buy It Now price, it only changes the price for the first one I selected… the price remains unchanged for the rest of the listings.

I relist items every 30 days, taking the price down each time, so I really need this functionality. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Daniel,

this a new behavior in GarageSale 7.
You have to click on a listing in the overview mode to move the focus and press command-A afterwards to select all listings there.

Ilja described this new behavior here:

Regards, Kristian

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I get it now.

Also, not sure if you’d prefer a separate thread for it, but the only other bug I’ve noticed is that when I select more than about 100 listings Garagesale seems to hang on “Verifying” after I try to start the auctions. At least, I’m pretty sure it hangs… I waited quite a long time with no feedback and had to exit the app.

Did you see anything logged to the Console utility (under /Applications/Utilities), when the hang occurs?

I’m not really experienced with this kind of thing… is there anything in particular i should be looking for? There are loads of things logged there… it seems like several per minute.

You can use the filter field in the top right corner of the Console window to filter for relevant messages by entering “GarageSale”. Also, the time stamp of the message should match the time when your tried to start the listings.

Yes, there are lots of messages. Here is one. There are also several saved hang reports. These are quite long but I can post one of them if you think it would be helpful.

7/27/16 7:35:17.000 PM kernel[0]: process GarageSale[6964] thread 1281624 caught burning CPU! It used more than 50% CPU (Actual recent usage: 59%) over 180 seconds. thread lifetime cpu usage 90.257615 seconds, (88.352633 user, 1.904982 system) ledger info: balance: 90000556150 credit: 90003274741 debit: 2718591 limit: 90000000000 (50%) period: 180000000000 time since last refill (ns): 151935057952

Could you also post a hang report? It would be interesting to know, what GarageSale is stuck at when this happens.

Loving GS7 but also have an issue with editing prior to relisting, I switch from auction style to buy it now on a frequent basis to take advantage of offers from ebay. When I select a group of 20 or so listings to make this change and then press command A, it selects all of my listings, not just the group I have selected. Also for clarification: The overview mode is when you select several items from the preview icon, not another icon at the top of the window?
Thanks

Your focus is probably still in the left-hand outline view when you press command-A. You have to focus in the overview areas (middle part of the window), before pressing command. Please take a look at this animation:

You first have to click on one of the listings in Overview mode.

The Overview mode has nothing to do with the Preview mode. The Overview mode appears if you select multiple items in the left outline view.
Please see the help here:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs7/en/Getting_Started-Main_Window.html#content-area

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.