Can't get Garagesale 7 to work at all....please help

I’m using macOS Sierra Version 10.12.1
3.3GHz Intel Core i5 Processor
8GB Memory
AMD Radeon R9 Graphis
2 TB Fusion Hard drive

I’m a brand new Garagesale user so please help if you can…each time I sign into garage and do anything it crashes, I haven’t been able to create one listing, I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still nothing…I’ve contacted Garagesale
4 times now and they haven’t helped…So I’m ready to give up on this product that I’ve heard so many great things about
because apparently it has chosen not to work for me…any advice I’m listening! Thanks, Keith

Hi Keith,

I found your request in our support system. As far as I can see one of our supporter replied to your mail and asked you to provide us with some more info. As far as I understood correctly you wasn’t able to find this info (logs) on your Mac.

However, so, you’re currently using GarageSale 7.0.5b2, right?
Did you already add your eBay access token in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts?

If GarageSale crashes it should ask you to send us the crash report the next time you start it.
Also, can you please open the Console utility (in /Application/Utilities) and look for output from GarageSale from the time it crashes? You can use the filter field in the top right corner of the Console window to filter for relevant messages by entering “GarageSale”. Please keep that output, save it in a TextEdit file and send it to us.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

It shows that I’m using beta 1 and that it’s the current version…I’m not sure about the tokens as I’m not able to do anything with the program, nothing works…I really need to do a live chat or receive
a phone call as this email process isn’t helping at all, I’m no further than when I started…do you not have a tech support team for your product? I don’t think that your support people understand that
I’m unable to do anything with the application it’s just not working, I need help! PLEASE!!!

Best
Keith

Hi Keith,

at first, please download GarageSale 7.0.5b2 from here:

What exactly happens when you try to open the GarageSale preferences > Accounts to add your token? Can you desrcibe this more specific? “it’s just not working” is a bit vague to provide you with help.

Did you already send us your crash reports?

Also, can you please open the “Console” utility (in /Application/Utilities) and look for output from GarageSale. You can use the filter field in the top right corner of the Console window to filter for relevant messages by entering “GarageSale”. Please keep that output, save it in a TextEdit file and send it to us.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

I did as you said, downloaded and installed the beta 2 version, still crashes and didn’t help at all…what next?

Thanks
Keith

Hi Kristian,

-Beta 2 didn’t help…still crashes
-Console Utility, I found 4 processes but it doesn’t allow me to copy and paste the info to show you
-I’m not able to change or modify anything in preferences
-I’m still unable to do anything with this application
-again I ask, can someone PLEASE call me and help me???

If you cannot copy, take a screenshot by pressing cmd-shift-4 and send it instead.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.