Can't Get Up and Running After Downloaded Recent Upgrade

I downloaded the newest version of GS and can’t get on because the system wants info stored in my GS eBay account in my keychain.
When I go to my keychain it won’t give me the password and says : ““Access to This Item is Restricted. The provided password did not unlock this keychain, or access has been limited to a particular user account.””
I realize it’s a paid upgrade and as far as I know I haven’t been charged but I don’t know how to pay for it as I haven’t been billed and maybe that’s why I’m locked out.
I’ve tried refreshing the token but that doesn’t work either.
How do I get connected again and/or how do I pay you?
I’m locked out. :frowning:
TY

Hi sylviebee,

that sounds like a message from the system Keychain. (Your eBay access token is stored there.)
Are you already using macOS 10.15 Catalina? That version uses stricter security mechanisms, that’s why I am asking.

Could it be that your macOS user account does have limited permissions/is not an Admin account?

In the Keychain Access utility you also could check this:

1. Quit GarageSale if running.

2. Open the macOS “Keychain Access” application and enter “ebay token” in the search field and press return afterwards.

3. Right-click on your eBay token and select “Information”. In that window switch to the “Access” tab. Click on the plus icon there and add your GarageSale application. You probably need to enter your mac user password when doing this.
    (Repeat this step with all your eBay accounts.)
    Does this actually work?

4. If yes, restart your Mac, start GarageSale and refresh all your eBay access tokens in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.