Categories all duplicated

I just upgraded from GarageSale 7 and somehow lost all my previous auctions so I am starting again from scratch, which is okay as things were getting a bit cluttered.

However, when I went to start work on my first auction listing, I noticed that the categories were all duplicated. Each time I create a new listing, the categories seem to be downloaded again as there is a pop-up window with a progress bar saying so.

I’ve completely deleted the app with an app uninstaller but the problem persists.

I don’t know if this is a bug or something which has carried forward from the previous version but I’m a bit concerned that my listing might not be categorised correctly if I choose a parallel listing path so I was hoping to get it cleared up before I upload the auction.

garagesale-categories-01

It is not you its GS. The 8.2 version has a duplicate in it. I saw it last week and though it was a small glitch. I have been uploading with no issues. It only uploads a single category string onto ebay.

Okay, good to know, I suppose

Thanks for the reply.

GS is super quick on fixing issues like this, not to worry. GS 8.2 just went live late in the week so this is a new glitch.

Yes, I see the same issue.

Neal

Thanks for reporting. Not sure if that’s an issue with GarageSale 8.2 or with the eBay category data.
However, I added this to our to-do list.

Regards, Kristian

I looked back at 2 older versions. It is also in 8.2b3 and 8.2b1 but maybe the new corrupted the DB and it is in the old version now as well.

The issue with the duplicated root categories is fixed in the next update of GarageSale. You can already download the beta version of GarageSale 8.2.b1 here:

Once updated update the eBay category data manually once: Select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.

Regards, Kristian

1 Like

Worked for me. Thanks for the fix.

Hi Kristian,

Could this also possibly fix the “Unknown” categories I have been periodically getting??? Possibly when auto-updating category data???

Thanx,
Neal

Hi Neal,

Ilja and me often talked and thought about this issue. As we can not reproduce this and the code that downloads the categories is rather complicated (multithreaded for each subcategoies with two API call each) the only possible cause is that you get errors that are not properly handled in our code. We will try to get a solution for this as soon as possible (Ilja is currently on vacation).

Thanks,
Paul

Yep! Works for me too. No more duplicated categories.

Thanx!
Neal

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.