Error with Info Boxes in GS 7

I have just changed to garage sale 7 and want to use the info boxes. When I tick the shipping info box and enter my HTML code all it does is paste it all over the description page.
No matter what I do I cannot get this to sit alone in the shipping box, the same with the other boxes.

I am no expert at HTML but I have checked the coding and everything looks good, just won’t work in the HTML info box.

I can paste the HTML code underneath my description and it looks fine!

Can someone shed some light on this, maybe I am missing the obvious or not doing something, like I said I am no expert.

Thanks so much
Julie

Hi Julie,

could you let me know what code you’re trying to insert? Maybe it’s invalid HTML and causes the issues.

Also, what listing design are you using?

Regards, Kristian

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Pro:Compact. I am not very good at HTML and added the shipping rules that we wanted at the foot of the description page. I then cut out the code and added it to the shipping tab.
The details did include images stored on an outside server which all looked perfect at the foot of the description page. As soon as the cut it and add it to the shipping tab it goes completely wrong and pastes over the top of the description.

It is obvious it must be the HTML but I am nowhere near good enough to strip it back.

I have managed to get this working apart from adding my images, I presume from this we cannot add images in the info box fields?

Thanks Julie

Hi Julie,

it should be possible to insert the HTML code for images as long as it is valid.

I guess that something is wrong with your HTML code. If you export one of the auction templates in question using GarageSale’s export function (File menu), zip it and send it to me off-list (click on my avatar) or contact me through the GarageSale support, I’ll take a look at your HTML code.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

thank-you so much for getting back to me. I followed your advice in the first reply and your were absolutely right. It was the HTML. I started again from the beginning and even managed to add images successfully so I am really pleased with the result.

Like I said I am no expert and everything is self taught. I do have one more question if you (or anyone can help me). Do you know the size in pixels for adding a store logo url? The ones I am designing are too big or too small. When I resize them and add them they no longer look sharp, in fact they look awful and blurry.
Any tips on this for me?

Thanks
Julie

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your feedback.
In the Pro:Compact design a store logo height of 70px should work fine. You can use any width.

Regards, Kristian

Thanks, I will give that a try. I might not cut the top off then!