Feature Suggestions for All Templates

1. Why are images in the listings being restricted to just 300 pixel? My listings would look better proportioned with a larger ‘thumbnail’ image width option.

2. This is likely outside the capability of the program at the moment, but I’ve noticed that ALL store categories appear in the sidebar. It would a nice feature categories that did not have any listings at the time of uploading, be removed from the list automatically. Or give us the option to disable some categories from each listing if we so desire.

Hi TNS,

1. Are you referring to the “thumbnail width” of some of the layout options, e.g. “Thumbs Left”? If so, you can adhust the thumb width in the Properties Inspector under “Sizes”.
    https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs7/en/Listings_Section-Designing_Listings.html#design-properties
    In general there’s no 300px limit for images! If you select GarageSale’s free image service you can select an image size up to 1200px!
    You maybe want to give another layout a try, e.g. “Images Left” or “Images Up”…

2. [quote=“TNS, post:1, topic:3517”]
    It would a nice feature categories that did not have any listings at the time of uploading, be removed from the list automatically. Or give us the option to disable some categories from each listing if we so desire.
    [/quote]

That would be a nice feature but is not doable as far as I can tell. GarageSale can only show all or no store categories at all.
You can unselect the “store categories” in the Properties Inspector under “Pro Design Options”, if needed.

Regards, Kristian

I am referring to the Sizes section under the Properties sidebar tab. Design width S through Maximum, and underneath that is the Thumbnail Image Width (px) which maxes out at 300. Although maybe this has nothing to do with the problem.

What I would like is for the pictures to be larger in all our listings. They do not fill out the width of the available space very well. We are using eBay’s Picture Pack service that comes for free with our store account. Is that what is causing the images to be smaller? What are the advantages/disadvantages to using GarageSale’s image service instead?

I think the design is not the problem here. The EPS images that are inserted in the item description (=design) often are relatively small. You might want to give GarageSale’s free image service a try. It allows you to insert way larger photos in your design.

You can select GarageSale’s free image service in the GarageSale preferences > eBay > eBay Images.
Hint: Select the “Also upload to eBay” checkbox there, too!

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.