Garage Sale 7.0.16 (841) Freezes Updating index?

I tried updating index to to get GS to recognize listings currently active on ebay. The app has been updating index for over one hour 1/2! I tried force quit and when I reopen it goes back to updating index.

Help! how do i get back to my listing page?

Depending on the size of your GarageSale database the re-indexing process can take a while. More than 1/2 hour I guess.
Did you already try to just keep it running?

Regards, Kristian

Thank you, Yes. I let it run for over 2 hours with no result. Do you think it will ever be recoverable?

I replaced the files in the library folder with copies from a back up but lost lot of data and at least got it back where I could open the program. Do you think if i copy those original files back to that library folder, try to do a rebuild again and let it run all day. it will ever rebuild?

It sound very unlikely that rebuilding the index takes close to 2 hours. I suspect, the the re-indexing process gets stuck at some point.

There should be a directory called “GarageSale.leveldb” in your home directory under Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7/Data/Library/Application Support/GarageSale/

How big is that directory?

Thank you for your help!

The GarageSale.leveldb folder is 3.6 MB
<>:<>:<>:<><>:<><>:<><>:<><>:<>:<>:<>:<><>:<><>:<>:<><>:<><>:<><>:<><>:

Beth Player DiCicco
Player Design

beth@playerdesign.com
212-353-3609 phone

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.