Garage Sale preflight problems

Trying to create listings using GS 7.0.16 (841) on Mac OS 10.13.6. Preflight keeps showing that ‘Postage policy is required’ although I have opted-out from Business Policies on eBay. Please help.

Hi troglodytestroglodyt,

If you go ahead and hit the “Start” button, does the same error from eBay still appears in the Launch Control window?
If so, could you post a screenshot so we can see what you see?

Taking screenshots is done easily:
Press Command-Shift-4 on your keyboard simultaneously, then select an area with the cursor. It will be saved as an image file on your desktop.

Regards, Kristian

Hello Kristian,

Yes – if either the pre-flight or start buttons are selected the attached screen shot appears. There also seems to be a clash between shipping profile and postage profile: I’ve tried various combinations for Shipping in the Options panel but always get an error message in Preflight/Start regarding either postage profile or shipping profile.

Howard

Howard Sherwood | 2 Lyneham Farm Cottages | Lyneham | Chipping Norton | Oxfordshire | OX7 6QP | T 01993 832303 | M 0777 859 1188 | Skype™ howardsherwood

Thank you for the screenshot.

Due to eBay rules you have to use your business policy profiles for all settings (payment, shipping, returns) or don’t use them at all. You have selected a profile for payments and returns but not for shipping.
That’s why eBay returns the error.
You have to select a profile for shipping, too!

Did you know?: “Profiles” for payment/shipping/returns are pre-defined rules which are mostly automatically created for each user by eBay. Hence the cryptic name. When used, these profiles override the settings for payment/shipping/returns you specified in GarageSale. You can view and edit these profiles on the “My eBay” page. GarageSale does not create or alter any of these profiles. For more details about eBay’s business policies, please see the eBay help here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html

Hope this helps,
Kristian

Kristian,

As I explained before, I have opted-out of Business Policies by logging-in to my eBay Account. What seems to be happening is that Garage Sale is not updating itself with this changed status.

I have once again deleted the shipping service (see screen shot attached) and still get the error message as shown. How do I specify shipping/postage charges without selecting a shipping service? If I specify a shipping service it indicates that a shipping policy is required although I’ve opted out of Business Policies on eBay. I have only had this problem since downloading the current Garage Sale update. There is another problem: once closed, the listings preview window can only be viewed by quitting Garage Sale and re-starting it – this cannot be right. Is there a bug in the latest update or should I download the update again and re-install?

I have used Garage Sale for several years to make my listings more attractive, but at the moment I am unable to publish a listing due to these problems.

Please investigate this further,

With many thanks,

Howard

Howard Sherwood | 2 Lyneham Farm Cottages | Lyneham | Chipping Norton | Oxfordshire | OX7 6QP | T 01993 832303 | M 0777 859 1188 | Skype™ howardsherwood

Just selecting “Don’t use” from the Profile menu in the options for Payment and Returns should make this eBay error go away.

Did you upgrade to macOS 10.14 Mojave recently?
Is there any chance you can make a short screencast so we can see what exactly happens and what exactly you’re doing?
You can use QuickTime to record a screencast. You can send us the video via mail if the file is NOT larger than 10 MB. Otherwise please upload that file to your webspace, DropBox account or somewhere else where we can download it from.
If you don’t want to post the video here, feel free to send the link to the GarageSale support directly.

garagesale@iwascoding.com

Regards, Kristian

Kristian,

I have selected “Don’t use” as you suggest but the error persists. I have not updated to OS 10.14 Mojave.

I have just opted back in to Business Policies and now get this error message (see attached). How do you specify ‘Postage service’ – is this different from Shipping options? What is going on?

Would updating Mac OS to 10.14 Mojave resolves these problems?

Howard (troglodytestroglodytes)

There was no screenshot attached to your last message, unfortunately.

However, if you’re now using the business policies again and want to make changes to your shipping profiles you need to edit them on the My eBay website directly as I mentioned earlier.
If done, don’t forget to get the latest profiles in GarageSale by selecting “update profile” from the profile menu in, e.g. the shipping options.

I was referring to the other issue with the Preview you mentioned. It would be helpful to know what version of macOS you’re currently using.

Regards, Kristian

Kristian,

Screenshot now attached. I have updated the profiles as you suggest, but still get the same error message. Please answer my question: How do you specify ‘Postage service’ – is this different from Shipping options? What is going on?

Would updating Mac OS to 10.14 Mojave resolves these problems?

Thank you,

Hi trog…
US shipping is called “Shipping”
P&P is the UK term for shipping & handling. “Postage & Packaging,” I believe.
I don’t know which term is standard for GS
Hope that helps :slight_smile:
scoutshouse

Laurel,

Thank you for your response. I understand the different use of the terms in the UK and the US. What is puzzling is why both seem to be used in Garage Sale preflight error messages. I understand that this is a user forum and that responses to my question are volunteered, but I am stuck at the moment!

Is there any way of contacting the author/developer of Garage Sale?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.