GarageSale 6.9.8 Beta 6 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

a pre-release version of GarageSale 6.9.8, Beta 6, is available for you to download from this URL:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_6.9.8b6.dmg

(If you are using a GarageSale version for the Mac App Store, please don’t not install this version unless you have a current backup and know how to move GarageSale libraries between the App store and the website version.)

What’s new in this beta version:

• we had to re-enable the JavaScript flag, which was turned off in beta 5 to hopefully save you from nasty popup ads delivered by eBay when viewing listing auctions. It turned out, that turning off JavaScript also effected GarageSale’s preview.

What’s new in GarageSale 6.9.8:

• user can specify package dimensions when using shipping profiles. This should fix the “weight required” error returned by eBay when trying to submit a listing with a shipping profile
  • displays a warning when you haven’t selected all three kinds of business profiles simultaneously. This was necessary because of recent eBay policy change
  • fixed a crash in the “Product” panel
  • updated shipping services for eBay Germany
  • shipping services are now sorted alphabetically in the shipping service menu
  • fixed a bug in the Design Template Utility that prevented saving of duplicated designs

System Requirements:

• GarageSale 6.9.8 requires OS X 10.9 or later.

Pricing:

GarageSale 6.9.8 is free update for GarageSale 6 users.

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the whole GS team

So any other chance to stop those annoying pop-ups?
Some kind of built-in-popup-blocker?
Or you may offer a switch for the JavaScript flag, so the user can decide if he wants to enable or disable it. I would prefer to disable it, for example, to stop GS to open safari and those annoying banner-pages…

We tried a simple fix for beta GS 6.9.8 beta 5, which didn’t work out, so we had to revert it. Because of the way GarageSale 6 is built and the way Apple’s WebView component behave, a good fix would take a significant amount of changes and testing. (Preview and live listing view are using the same WebView instance, which doesn’t support turning off JavaScript on the fly, but JavaScript is essential for GarageSale’s preview.)

My best advice is to switch to the GarageSale 7 beta, which uses different WebViews for preview and live listings. In next beta version (beta 4) the live listing view has the JavaScript option disabled.

GS7 has so many new internal changes (in my case the completely rewritten AppleScript part) so that this is not an option yet. I had the hope to use version 6 as long as possible…