GarageSale 7.0.2 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

GarageSale 7.0.2 is available for you to download from this URL (or by using the built-in updater if you are already running an earlier version):

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0.2.zip

Thanks to everybody who invested his or her time in testing the alpha and beta releases. GarageSale 7 wouldn’t have been possible without you!

What’s new in this version

• fixed drag and drop from Apple’s Photos (there’s a small delay before the photo appears, though)
  • licenses from GarageSale Basic are now accepted for upgrading to GarageSale 7
  • updated manual
  • added ‘Lot Size’ field
  • when holding down the shift key when invoking the ‘Duplicate’ command, images won’t be copied over
  • when duplicating inventory items, an new SKU is generated
  • events in the scheduler can be disabled after they are due to cancel them
  • fixed number format issues in the ‘Best Offer’-panel
  • various crash fixes

What’s new in GarageSale 7

• completely modernized interface with instant error reporting
  • can import listing drafts from the GarageSale Scout app on iPhone
  • a new custom database engine, which deals better with large amounts of data and allows us to adapt to eBay changes more quickly
  • GarageSale 7 does away with the template/auction differentiation - it only offers listings, which can either be running or not
  • a new Orders sections which shows information about purchased items and buyers
  • Reports can generate diagrams in addition to text tables
  • automatic update of eBay category information as needed
  • listing design are now optimized for mobile devices
  • local live validation of most eBay errors in new “Preflight” panel
  • listing images can be edit using image editing apps installed on your Mac and with image editing extensions
  • listing images can be copied and pasted between images
  • support for barcodes on the variation level
  • you can copy specific settings from one listing and paste them into other listings
  • added a preference setting ‘Load Flash’ to prevent Flash plugin crashes
  • inventory items can be exported and imported
  • you can now set the quantity of 'Good ‘til cancelled’ listings to zero to mark the item “out of stock” (you need to enable the ‘Out of Stock’ feature in your selling preferences on eBay’s website)
  • when selling cars on eBay Motors or eBay UK, there is no a dedicated field for the vehicle ID (VIM or VRM)
  • the ‘Import from My eBay’ command now downloads large images from existing eBay listings
  • can automatically generate SKU for your variations
  • added a “Reveal Original” command to the outline view context menu when a smart group item is selected. Using that command, you can easily jump to the original item of an item shown in the smart group, for instance to delete it or move it to a different folder
  • return policy, payment options, and tax settings can be specified in GarageSale’s XML import format
  • added support for specifying shipping insurance cost on eBay Italy and France
  • added 4 new designs
  • when in Listing Editor mode, there’s now basic syntax highlighting and auto-completion for tags when in HTML or Markdown mode
  • much more

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Upgrades and Pricing

GarageSale 7 is a paid upgrade from any previous version of GarageSale. The upgrade costs €/$ 19.99. During the public beta phase the GarageSale 7 upgrade is available for €/$ 16.99. Upgrade licenses are only available from within GarageSale 7.

If you purchased your GarageSale 6 license directly from iwascoding after August 1st 2015, you are eligible for a free upgrade to GarageSale 7. GarageSale 7 will offer you a free license once you start the purchase flow within the application. Unfortunately this free upgrade is not available for customers who bought GarageSale from the Mac App Store.

The full price for GarageSale 7 will be €/$ 39.99.

Migrating from GarageSale 6

• GarageSale 7 has a new application identifier and uses its on database and 'Application Support folders, so you can run it along side GS 6 without side-effects
  • it should import your GS 6 library and your accounts (this process may take a while upon first launch)

How to import your GarageSale 6 library again

Sometimes there a bugs discovered and fixed in the component that migrates your GarageSale 6 library to GarageSale 7’s new format. If the bug effects you, here is how to run to import process again:

1. Export any listing you created in GarageSale 7 and want to keep
  2. Quit GarageSale 7
  3. Rename the folder at ‘Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7’ in your home directory to something like ‘com.iwascoding.garagesale7-old’
  4. Restart GarageSale 7
  5. Import any listings you exported in step #1

What’s still missing

• fixes for yet undiscovered bugs

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

1 Like

@ilja I am sorry to tell you this, but I still have the problem for updating from menu bar… it says I am running the most recent version (7.0.1 (722)) and I cannot see the new release…

Just a second. Webserver hasn’t been updated yet. Please try again in 10 minutes.

Of course I will do! Thank you for super fast reply

@ilja it works :smiley: !

1 Like

*when holding down the shift key when invoking the ‘Duplicate’ command, images won’t be copied over
*when duplicating inventory items, an new SKU is generated

Thanks for fixing these two issues so quickly! Going to upgrade the licenses now and try Garage Sale 7.0.2 full time. Will update with any other issues I encounter. Thanks so much iwascoding, looking forward to trying what appears to be a much more stable program

-A

1 Like

I upgraded from version b44 but now says I’m past due 30 days and I will not accept the code in my possession

One little bug I’m aware of now - all my listings say “Enter text in properties inspector” underneath the final photo. I can manually delete this in ebay after the item is listed but it would be nice if it wasn’t there…

Please check the “Properties” Inspector. It seems you you need to disable or clear one of the custom text fields there.
If you send me link to one of your listings or post a screenshot I can give you the name of the custom text field.

Regards, Kristian

Hi

I have just purchased Garage Sale 7.0.2 (the latest version) and I have to say Ive never come across a programme so difficult to use… perhaps I’m being a dumbass but I just can’t work some things out. I have listed something and I like the templates how it works is good, but what I just cannot work out is on the ProTheme Sidebar I want to assign some ‘default values’ to the properties section EG the link to my logo and About Us etc. I don’t want to have to type that in every time… I can see on previous versions they’re was a template editor but I can’t seem to find that for 7.0.2

Please help!

Thanks
James

I just sent you a new license via e-mail. Please let me know if the new license works for you.

ok, it works

thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.