GarageSale 7.0.7 Beta 3 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

the GarageSale 7.0.7 Beta 3 is available for you to download from URL below or through the built-in adapter:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0.7b3.dmg

What’s new in the beta version

• auto-restart state is displayed as icon in outline view
  • added support for ‘Click and Collect’ option on eBay UK
  • added ‘Quantity Left’ smart group rule
  • added ‘Autorestart Failed’ smart group rule
  • the date when an item was last updated with data from eBay is shown in the ‘Live’ inspector for active and ended listings

Revised database schema in GS 7.0.7

GarageSale 7.0.7 makes changes how the data is stored on disk, therefore you won’t be able to easily switch back to an older version once your data has been migrated to the new format.

Even though GarageSale will make a copy of your main database file before performing the migration, we suggest you create a full backup of the folder ‘com.iwascoding.garagesale7’ located in at Library/Containers in your home directory before first starting GarageSale 7.0.7.

What’s new in GarageSale 7.0.7

• improved performance of certain database lookups (e.g. when you pressed command-N to create a new listing right after application start, there could be a significant period before the command completed. This command should now complete immediately in GS 7.0.7.)
  • you can now force GarageSale to quit even when operations are ongoing (there are still brief periods when GarageSale will prevent quitting)
  • context menu works again in thumbnail overview
  • contains fix for stalled network operations
  • fixed problem with missing categories in the category browser by increasing timeout interval when downloading categories. Please choose ‘Update categories’ if you were affected by this problem.

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

1 Like

Ahhh that’s sounds to be interesting :sunglasses:

What’s exactly that? Does it say the listing is going to be restarted, is being restarted or won’t be restarted for some error?

Love it :kissing_heart: thank you so much!! I have just found so many missing listings… !!!

Mmmh @ilja there is something strane with the ‘Autorestart Failed’ smart group rule. Some of this listings are actually live although they seems to be expired in GS and not relisted because of some problem (red icon in advanced tab). But they are active in my shop and I am sure I did not relist them manually…

The icon legend in GarageSale’s Help menu has been updated. There’re 3 new icon states:
• Auto Restart enabled
• Auto Restart executed
• Auto Restart failed

Regards, Kristian

If you move your cursor over the red error icon a tooltip with an error description should appear. What does it say?

Regards, Kristian

Up until this beta version we didn’t clean up existing auto-relist errors when listing manually. So they old error would still be present in the listing, even you listed it manually. This won’t happen from now on, but it’s a problem for older listings.

I have just checked the GarageSale’s Help menu, than you @kristian !! “Executed” means that the listing is going to be relisted or that it has already been relisted?

Never, since now no red icons show a warning if I click on them

Very fine, thanks for this useful option!!!

Executed means already relisted.

The new auto-restart icons/smart group options are fantastic! Database feels quicker so far too. Thank you! :)))

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.