GarageSale 7.0.7 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

GarageSale 7.0.7 is available for you to download from the URL below or through the built-in adapter:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0.7.dmg

What’s new in GarageSale 7.0.7

• auto-restart state is displayed as icon in outline view
  • added support for ‘Click and Collect’ option on eBay UK
  • added ‘Quantity Left’ smart group rule
  • added ‘Autorestart Failed’ smart group rule
  • the date when an item was last updated with data from eBay is shown in the ‘Live’ inspector for active and ended listings
  • improved performance of certain database lookups (e.g. when you pressed command-N to create a new listing right after application start, there could be a significant period before the command completed. This command should now complete immediately in GS 7.0.7.)
  • you can now force GarageSale to quit even when operations are ongoing (there are still brief periods when GarageSale will prevent quitting)
  • context menu works again in thumbnail overview
  • contains fix for stalled network operations
  • fixed problem with missing categories in the category browser by increasing timeout interval when downloading categories. Please choose ‘Update categories’ if you were affected by this problem.

Revised database schema in GS 7.0.7

GarageSale 7.0.7 makes changes how the data is stored on disk, therefore you won’t be able to easily switch back to an older version once your data has been migrated to the new format.

Even though GarageSale will make a copy of your main database file before performing the migration, we suggest you create a full backup of the folder ‘com.iwascoding.garagesale7’ located in at Library/Containers in your home directory before first starting GarageSale 7.0.7.

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to GarageSale and I love it! Thank you for a great app. I’m having trouble upgrading, I get “An error occurred while downloading, please try again later” I have tried 3 times in the space of 2 hours. Internet connection, wi-fi, everything else checks out. I can’t figure out what the problem is. Is there another way to upgrade the version to the newest one besides from inside the software? Thanks!

Use the link at the top of this post. It will download the .dmg file to your downloads folder. Double click on this, then drag the GS application to your applications folder. If your current version is fairly old you should copy com.iwascoding.garagesale folder located in your library folder before launching the new GS. (Just this time. They changed some data stuff. This copied folder you may need it you have to go back to your older version. )

Hi, thank you, I’ll try that. It’s version 7.07 (791), not even a month old yet.

I’m not sure if this is unique to the new version or not, but when listings and orders are updating I get a lot of these errors in the Console window, and GarageSale seems to be slow/stuck during this time…

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.