GarageSale 7 Beta 15 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

Beta 15 of GarageSale 7 is available for you to download from this URL (or by using the built-in updater if you are already running an earlier beta version GS 7):

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0b15.zip

We’d appreciate your early feedback, so if you have a few minutes to spare, please give GarageSale 7 a try. Your GarageSale 6 installation will not be altered by trying out GarageSale 7.

What’s new since the last Beta release

• you can click on the “New Messages” or “New Orders” graphics in the Accounts window
  • you can right click a sold item in the orders section to go to the item’s listing
  • search field has a popup for selecting what fields to search in
  • fixed a problem prevented certain settings panels from appearing when invoked from GarageSale’s preview
  • the “Start Listings” command in the main menu bar is now enabled
  • the “Delete Image” command in the preview context menu now reloads the preview
  • URL-based images are now correctly embedded into the listing description and submitted to eBay when a design is used
  • fixed issues in the variations panel that caused entered values not to be picked
  • orders can be exported to CSV files
  • ticking the ‘sort store categories alphabetically’ checkbox in Account preferences is now reflected in listings
  • when selling cars on eBay Motors or eBay UK, there is no a dedicated field for the vehicle ID (VIM or VRM)
  • includes fixes for several crashes reported through GarageSale’s crash reporter

What’s new in GarageSale 7

• completely modernized interface with instant error reporting
  • a new custom database engine, which hopefully deals better with large amounts of data and allows us to adapt to eBay changes more quickly
  • GarageSale 7 does away with the template/auction differentiation - it only offers listings, which can either be running or not
  • a new Orders sections which shows information about purchased items and buyers
  • Reports can generate diagrams in addition to text tables
  • automatic update of eBay category information as needed
  • listing design are now optimized for mobile devices
  • local live validation of most eBay errors in new “Preflight” panel
  • listing images can be edit using image editing apps installed on your Mac and with image editing extensions
  • listing images can be copied and pasted between images
  • support for barcodes on the variation level
  • you can copy specific settings from one listing and paste them into other listings
  • added a preference setting ‘Load Flash’ to prevent Flash plugin crashes
  • inventory items can be exported and imported
  • you can now set the quantity of 'Good ‘til cancelled’ listings to zero to mark the item “out of stock” (you need to enable the ‘Out of Stock’ feature in your selling preferences on eBay’s website)
  • much more

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Upgrades and Pricing

GarageSale 7 is a paid upgrade from any previous version of GarageSale. The upgrade costs €/$ 19.99. During the public beta phase the GarageSale 7 upgrade is available for €/$ 16.99. Upgrade licenses are only available from within GarageSale 7.

If you purchased your GarageSale 6 license after August 1st 2015, you are eligible for a free upgrade to GarageSale 7. GarageSale 7 will offer you a free license once you start the purchase flow within the application.

The full price for GarageSale 7 will be €/$ 39.99.

Migrating from GarageSale 6

• GarageSale 7 has a new application identifier and uses its on database and 'Application Support folders, so you can run it along side GS 6 without side-effects
  • it should import your GS 6 library and your accounts (this process may take a while upon first launch)

How to import your GarageSale 6 library again

Sometimes there a bugs discovered and fixed in the component that migrates your GarageSale 6 library to GarageSale 7’s new formt. If the bug effects you, here is how to run to import process again:

1. Export any listing you created in GarageSale 7
  2. Quit GarageSale 7
  3. Rename the folder at ‘Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7’ in your home directory to something like ‘com.iwascoding.garagesale7-old’
  4. Restart GarageSale (make sure you using beta 8)
  5. Import any listings you imported in step #1

What’s still missing

• localized user interface for languages other than English
  • a user manual
  • fixes for yet undiscovered bugs

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

When using my own FTP image host this happens… I’m not going to say it freezes because I can cancel but it does stall and never completes uploading. I did however get it to fail and say could not connect to host server( I believe that’s what it said) I forgot to screen shot that… And can’t get it to dublicate.

Notice how my store logo doesn’t even show up when selected to my FTP… It’s just the error box. And the logo is the direct url address.

When I immediately switch it over to eBay’s servers my logo appears and allows me to upload listing to eBay.

It doesn’t seem to matter what my picture size setting is…

Hello,
I have a problem, GS closes after about twenty minutes.
Even if I do not use.
The problem it also gave the b14 version, updating the b15 I also the problem.

When you use the “Test Settings” button under Preferences > Image Server, does the test succeed?

Is there anything written to the Console utility (under /Applications/Utilties) from GarageSale around the time it has crashed? I don’t see any crash reports for Beta 15 in our crash database yet. Please make sure you are sending these to us. Please note that “Send crash reports to Apple” doesn’t help at all, because Apple does not share does reports with us developers. You need to send the crash reports from the crash panel inside GarageSale.

When testing the settings It actually goes unresponsive and beachballs for about 2 minutes and then it opens my browser with the uploaded test image.

I promise I’ll quit bugging ya’ll sooon!! Also have been recieving this a good bit this morning using eBay’s servers for images. I can’t get it to crash to generate a report so if there’s some other type of diagnostics you’d like me to get you let me know!

BUG REPORT

• TITLE fields no longer show how many characters left when we typing titles.

Thanks. We received a crash report from you. Can you please send us your GarageSale 7 database file for investigation. Here is how to do it:

1. In GarageSale 7, choose “Help” menu > “Open Library Folder”
  2. Right click on the “GarageSale.leveldb” directory and compress it into a .zip file
  3. Upload that zip file to your drop box and send us the link.

Thanks.

The folder and large 900mb (compressed 250 mb).
I’m working on is there are so many listings.
Tomorrow I try to do the upload

Hi Joshua,

I guess that the URL you entered might be incorrect. Could you send me the URL via direct message (click on my avatar) so I can have a look at it?

You maybe entered an invalid HTTP Image Path in the FTP GarageSale preferences, too.

Regards, Kristian

Thanks. We’ll look into this.

Here is what we think is causing the problem: There are many files in the directory in the images directory. It seems that just managing these number of files is taking your server some effort (maybe it’s a shared server with not a lot of horse power).

Have you tried creating a second images directory next to your current one and using that as destination for your images. Maybe fewer files to take care, you’ll get quicker responses.

I’ll give it a shot.