GarageSale 7 Beta 33 Released

Thanks for reporting these bugs. We’ll hope to have them fixed with the next beta release.

My Reports generator is not seeing all the reports… Ive gone from £1k profit to £200… HELP ?

1K Profit?! Thanks for the reminder to raise GarageSale’s price. :wink:

Joking aside, can you post a screenshot of your report’s configuration, so we can narrow down where the bug exactly is? Thanks.

The above post got me to look closer at my reports. I noticed the columns are displayed in alphabetical order. It would be nice to be able to drag and drop column names (listed in the view options) to reorder how they display. Having actual shipping cost in the first column and shipping cost in the last column makes for hard comparisons.
Thanks.

Hi Steve,

actually the columns are ordered in the order you selected them in the inspector. Deselecting and selecting them again will move them to the end.

Thanks,
Paul

Very nice. Easier than what I was asking for.
Thanks!
Steve

OK I have just scheduled 2 events. Here is what I noticed. It now works to bring old unsold listings into a new event. However, the scheduler takes them out of order, probably when it asks you if you want to duplicate and throw the old one away. So if everything is in alphabetical order and half of the items are re-listings, you get 2 alphabetical orders – all the new ones together and all the old ones together. BUT, once the old ones were converted into new ones, I deleted the event and created it again, and then it worked fine because they were all “new” listings at that point.

When the scheduler is checking for errors, the spinning ball is really there a lot. And if you change anything about an event, like the start time, it starts checking all over again.

Thanks for reporting. I created two tickets for us to work on this:

• GS-705: Scheduling started listings should preserve order
  • GS-706: Changing event start time shouldn’t revalidate listings

Thanks. Or if you delete 1 from the list, it revalidates everything again.

Has the change been made so that item specifics can remain visible as I look through different listings?

Yes, this should work in the last beta version.

How do I make it work?

You have to click on the small triangle in fron of the specifics and the specifics should be visible. They should be visible for all selected listings until you click on the triangle again.

Got it. Thank you that works!

We’ll take care of this in the next beta release.

b34 still doesnt fix the problem with multiple sales to one customer for me. It calculates the total correctly now, but I stilll only see one item when I try to give feedback.

Hi,

we decided that the feedback panel shows the orders, not the transactions (GS6 did show the transactions). You should see all the sold listing-titles in the right underneath the “Artikel” column when you resize the column.

So if you leave feedback now, GarageSale 7 will leave feedback for all the transactions in the selected order.

Thanks,
Paul

My photos still disappear when I try to reload them. So weird – on one computer (the older one) it works and on the new one they disappear…

I’d still say that for every hour I spend working with GS, I have the spinning ball for about 10 minutes.

Hi,

I improved the feedback panel a bit. It now shows the transactions that will receive feedback in a list on the right side:

Thanks,
Paul

Changing prices on a large group of items is still not working as it should. I pulled a bunch of unsold listings from different folders into a new folder, and after trying about 6 times I finally got the prices to all lower from their original starting prices to $6 for everything. But it wasn’t easy, and I have no idea what I finally did to get it to work.

My photo update is also still not working on my newer computer. On my older computer, it works. This is strange! When I try to update, suddenly it shows 0 images.

Also the inspector definitely is not working correctly. I have tried to change the weight for multiple items, and I can’t make it work. I can highlight the items on the side, or in the middle big window, but it doesn’t work unless I go 1 by 1…