GarageSale 7 Beta 34 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

Beta 34 of GarageSale 7 is available for you to download from this URL (or by using the built-in updater if you are already running an earlier beta version GS 7):

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0b34.zip

In case you are planning to use this GarageSale Beta release in production, please make sure you have working have a backup system (e.g. Time Machine) in place.

What’s new since the last Beta release

• improved feedback when canceling listing starts in Launch Control window
  • multiple listing drafts from ‘GarageSale Scout’ on iOS can be imported at once
  • fixed shrinking main window on startup
  • the ‘Verify Listing’ command in the Listing section’s toolbar is available again
  • fixed calculation of Total amount in Order section
  • leaving feedback for multiple orders at once works again

What’s new in GarageSale 7

• completely modernized interface with instant error reporting
  • can import listing drafts from the GarageSale Scout app on iPhone
  • a new custom database engine, which hopefully deals better with large amounts of data and allows us to adapt to eBay changes more quickly
  • GarageSale 7 does away with the template/auction differentiation - it only offers listings, which can either be running or not
  • a new Orders sections which shows information about purchased items and buyers
  • Reports can generate diagrams in addition to text tables
  • automatic update of eBay category information as needed
  • listing design are now optimized for mobile devices
  • local live validation of most eBay errors in new “Preflight” panel
  • listing images can be edit using image editing apps installed on your Mac and with image editing extensions
  • listing images can be copied and pasted between images
  • support for barcodes on the variation level
  • you can copy specific settings from one listing and paste them into other listings
  • added a preference setting ‘Load Flash’ to prevent Flash plugin crashes
  • inventory items can be exported and imported
  • you can now set the quantity of 'Good ‘til cancelled’ listings to zero to mark the item “out of stock” (you need to enable the ‘Out of Stock’ feature in your selling preferences on eBay’s website)
  • when selling cars on eBay Motors or eBay UK, there is no a dedicated field for the vehicle ID (VIM or VRM)
  • the ‘Import from My eBay’ command now downloads large images from existing eBay listings
  • can automatically generate SKU for your variations
  • much more

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Upgrades and Pricing

GarageSale 7 is a paid upgrade from any previous version of GarageSale. The upgrade costs €/$ 19.99. During the public beta phase the GarageSale 7 upgrade is available for €/$ 16.99. Upgrade licenses are only available from within GarageSale 7.

If you purchased your GarageSale 6 license directly from iwascoding after August 1st 2015, you are eligible for a free upgrade to GarageSale 7. GarageSale 7 will offer you a free license once you start the purchase flow within the application. Unfortunately this free upgrade is not available for customers who bought GarageSale from the Mac App Store.

The full price for GarageSale 7 will be €/$ 39.99.

Migrating from GarageSale 6

• GarageSale 7 has a new application identifier and uses its on database and 'Application Support folders, so you can run it along side GS 6 without side-effects
  • it should import your GS 6 library and your accounts (this process may take a while upon first launch)

How to import your GarageSale 6 library again

Sometimes there a bugs discovered and fixed in the component that migrates your GarageSale 6 library to GarageSale 7’s new format. If the bug effects you, here is how to run to import process again:

1. Export any listing you created in GarageSale 7 and want to keep
  2. Quit GarageSale 7
  3. Rename the folder at ‘Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7’ in your home directory to something like ‘com.iwascoding.garagesale7-old’
  4. Restart GarageSale 7
  5. Import any listings you exported in step #1

What’s still missing

• localized user interface for languages other than English
  • a user manual
  • fixes for yet undiscovered bugs

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

So where does one find this “Scout” app? Is it still in beta or something? I keep seeing mentions, but very little info.

Hi,

you can send an email to garagesale@iwascoding.com and request access to the beta version of GarageSale Scout. It is a iOS app, so you need an iPhone/iPad, too. You can also send a private message with your email address/name to me and I will add you to the list of beta testers.

Thanks,
Paul

Hello, I had to force quit using my 6 version because its not responding anymore- I did try and use the 7 version with works fine but now it wants me to pay $39.99? I thought there was a upgrade to previous purchases?

thank you
Melissa

Hi Melissa,

GarageSale 7 is a paid upgrade from any previous version of GarageSale. The upgrade costs €/$ 19.99. During the public beta phase the GarageSale 7 upgrade is available for €/$ 16.99. Upgrade licenses are only available from within GarageSale 7 (choose “Buy License…” from the “GarageSale” menu).

If you don’t get an upgrade option there, click on the “Enter previous license” link to enter your GS6 license. You should then see the upgrade option.

Regards, Kristian

Kristian,
If it were my choice id like to get the program I paid for originally to work? Ive contact you all numerous times in the past to help me and now I’m stuck upgrading to 7, is that correct? Now 6 is not working at all and last time I posted, someone stated that the case was closed… Not sure what to do now, other that just use Ebay directly? If you don’t mind getting my original license number so if I choose to upgrade and ill have it on hand… I can message you my email if you wish

Thank you
Melissa

I’m not sure whether this has already been addressed, but I don’t recall seeing it.

I had a Scheduler event set to start five auctions last night. The two that had warnings during verification did not start. One of the warnings was minor and the other was incorrect:

• ValuePack upgraded to include Gallery Plus for the same fee. (the minor one)
  • Condition is required for this category. (the auction did include condition details)

I started both items manually and they worked fine. The ValuePack warning did show up again, but there was no sign of the condition warning.

Let me know if you’d like logs or anything.

Hi Melissa,

You can request your GarageSale 6 license at any time in the “Lost Licenses” section on our website:
http://www.iwascoding.com/Contact/index.php

Regards, Kristian

Hi Bretterson,

you’re referring to the “Condition details” but did you also check the “Condition” settings in the Options Inspector? (Where you can select “New”, “Used” and so on…)

Regards, Kristian

Hello,
I have the b29, can I do the update to the 34?

Of course, simply use the built-in update mechanism or download the latest beta version from here.

Regards, Kristian

Yep, I did. It is and was selected. I don’t think you can even enter details without having a condition selected.

• Brett