GarageSale 7 Beta 44 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

Beta 44 of GarageSale 7 is available for you to download from this URL (or by using the built-in updater if you are already running an earlier beta version GS 7):

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0b44.zip

In case you are planning to use this GarageSale Beta release in production, please make sure you have working have a backup system (e.g. Time Machine) in place.

What’s new since the last Beta release

• fixed another performance bottleneck related to smart group evaluation
  • GarageSale will now automatically delete orders that have been merged into a new order using the “Combine Orders” command on the eBay website
  • when a 'use rate table" checkbox is enabled in the shipping settings, package weight can be entered and is transmitted to eBay to support weight-based rate tables

What’s new in GarageSale 7

• completely modernized interface with instant error reporting
  • can import listing drafts from the GarageSale Scout app on iPhone
  • a new custom database engine, which deals better with large amounts of data and allows us to adapt to eBay changes more quickly
  • GarageSale 7 does away with the template/auction differentiation - it only offers listings, which can either be running or not
  • a new Orders sections which shows information about purchased items and buyers
  • Reports can generate diagrams in addition to text tables
  • automatic update of eBay category information as needed
  • listing design are now optimized for mobile devices
  • local live validation of most eBay errors in new “Preflight” panel
  • listing images can be edit using image editing apps installed on your Mac and with image editing extensions
  • listing images can be copied and pasted between images
  • support for barcodes on the variation level
  • you can copy specific settings from one listing and paste them into other listings
  • added a preference setting ‘Load Flash’ to prevent Flash plugin crashes
  • inventory items can be exported and imported
  • you can now set the quantity of 'Good ‘til cancelled’ listings to zero to mark the item “out of stock” (you need to enable the ‘Out of Stock’ feature in your selling preferences on eBay’s website)
  • when selling cars on eBay Motors or eBay UK, there is no a dedicated field for the vehicle ID (VIM or VRM)
  • the ‘Import from My eBay’ command now downloads large images from existing eBay listings
  • can automatically generate SKU for your variations
  • added a “Reveal Original” command to the outline view context menu when a smart group item is selected. Using that command, you can easily jump to the original item of an item shown in the smart group, for instance to delete it or move it to a different folder
  • return policy, payment options, and tax settings can be specified in GarageSale’s XML import format
  • added support for specifying shipping insurance cost on eBay Italy and France
  • added 4 new designs
  • when in Listing Editor mode, there’s now basic syntax highlighting and auto-completion for tags when in HTML or Markdown mode
  • much more

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Upgrades and Pricing

GarageSale 7 is a paid upgrade from any previous version of GarageSale. The upgrade costs €/$ 19.99. During the public beta phase the GarageSale 7 upgrade is available for €/$ 16.99. Upgrade licenses are only available from within GarageSale 7.

If you purchased your GarageSale 6 license directly from iwascoding after August 1st 2015, you are eligible for a free upgrade to GarageSale 7. GarageSale 7 will offer you a free license once you start the purchase flow within the application. Unfortunately this free upgrade is not available for customers who bought GarageSale from the Mac App Store.

The full price for GarageSale 7 will be €/$ 39.99.

Migrating from GarageSale 6

• GarageSale 7 has a new application identifier and uses its on database and 'Application Support folders, so you can run it along side GS 6 without side-effects
  • it should import your GS 6 library and your accounts (this process may take a while upon first launch)

How to import your GarageSale 6 library again

Sometimes there a bugs discovered and fixed in the component that migrates your GarageSale 6 library to GarageSale 7’s new format. If the bug effects you, here is how to run to import process again:

1. Export any listing you created in GarageSale 7 and want to keep
  2. Quit GarageSale 7
  3. Rename the folder at ‘Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7’ in your home directory to something like ‘com.iwascoding.garagesale7-old’
  4. Restart GarageSale 7
  5. Import any listings you exported in step #1

What’s still missing

• localized user interface for languages other than English and German
  • a user manual
  • fixes for yet undiscovered bugs

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

Hello,
I have a question about feature number 2. Does it work only if I send an invoice for that combined order through eBay? Can I do that from GS?

Thank you for any explanation

If we added an extra panel for selecting certain orders, choosing a payment method and entering a custom total for the new combined order, we would have bragged in the release notes about it. :wink:

:sweat_smile: I see, thank you.

Are you going to insert this feature in the future?

At some point, but not for the 7.0 release.

I have just done a combined orders sending an invoice from eBay and after that listings in GS’s order sections duplicated…

Look :disappointed_relieved: sold 5 items to same person, now have not double, but triple :cold_sweat: … does it only happen to me??

Sorry, but the API support from eBay’s side for this scenario is severely lacking.

Once you merge orders into a new order, there’s no flag indicating that the old orders have been merged. eBay simply stops sending out information about them, so we had to come up with some heuristic that checks if incoming orders consists of older, new merged orders.

Obviously this heuristic fails for your scenario. I will send you instructions in a private message on how to send in the necessary logs to fix it.