GarageSale 8.3.2 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

GarageSale 8.3.2 is available for you to download from this link or the built-in updater:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_8.3.2.dmg

What’s new in GarageSale 8.3.2

• fixes problems with the toolbar search field on older MacOS versions

What’s new in GarageSale 8.3

• runs natively on Macs with new Apple Silicon chips
  • text snippet macros are now supported in the ‘condition description’ field
  • Bulk Search & Replace panel: added an ‘Exact search’ option for finding the exact search strings, including HTML tags. This option bypasses GarageSale’s search index and scans through the entire library using brute force, thus it’s a little slower than the regular search
  • icons for listings in the Main window outline view should reflect listing state changes more quickly
  • Shipping options panel: package weight can always be edited when ‘calculated shipping’ is used for either domestic or international shipping
  • category popover shows category tree version in sprocket menu when option key is held down
  • fixed a crash when updating incomplete local listings with data from eBay

Thanks for using GarageSale,
The GarageSale team

If 8.3 is running with no problems, do you want us to upgrade to 8.3.2?

Thanks for the fast fix of the startup-crash-problem! Good work!

2 Likes

I frequently have to switch between the various Editor Mode states (edit, preview, live). I use Live mode to confirm various things in specific running (or relisted) listings on eBay, but most often in my workflow I select multiple listings, switch to Edit mode, and do something like change a shipping price.

However in 8.3.2, I can no longer change Edit Mode when multiple listings are selected. This seems like a bug, and a regression.

Which version of macOS are you using?
Switching the modes using the menu commands in the “View” menu still works, right?

Regards, Kristian

This behavior occurs on both High Sierra and Big Sur in GS 8.3.2: If I select multiple listings, the Edit Mode selector is grayed out in the header.

Note it’s not a show-stopping bug; I can select a single item, change the mode, and then select multiple items again. But it’s definitely a new behavior compared with 8.2, since I make these moves between edit mode frequently during the day

The actions @vaguery describes occurs on my machine as well(running 10.15.7). But I do 100% of my work on preview or live mode so it would not be a problem for me. I couldn’t do any editing on the editor mode in 8.2 except in the side bar when multiple listings were chosen so the new change in 8.3 is a new behavior but I can still use the side bar to make changes.

Ah yes that might be salient: All of my listings are Markdown text, too. I don’t do anything in Preview mode ever, really.

Yes, I also see the same new behavior, the Toolbar Editor Mode icons are deactivate when multiple items are selected in either the left-side pane, or the middle pane.

Yes, the View menu, Listing View Mode menu items are still highlighted and the command 1-2-3 keys still work.

using GarageSale 8.3.2 (1265) on macOS 10.15.7 (19H114)

Neal

This now works for me. the Toolbar Editor Mode icons stay active when multiple items are selected.

Although, when you select multiple items, the icons “flash” momentarily to the de-active state then become or stay active.

Neal

The VIEW dropdown still work but the command 1-2 or 3 moves to a second or 3rd screen

You’re maybe using the same shortcuts for the macOS “Spaces” feature.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.