GarageSale 8.3.5 Beta 6 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

GarageSale 8.3.5 Beta 6 is available for you to download from the link below:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_8.3.5b6.dmg

What’s new in Beta 6

• improved performance (less beach balling) when determining what images to delete from a custom FTP or WebDav image server
  • multiple images can be selected, dragged, and reodered in listing Editor mode

What’s new in GarageSale 8.3.5

• programmatically selected entries in the main window outline view are scrolled to the middle
  • worked around an eBay error when leaving feedback
    • the ‘Time Remaining’ column in the Listing overview table is updated periodically
  • the Image Markup editor works again on MacOS Big Sur
  • Attributes Panel: combo boxes don’t contain duplicate suggestions for certain attribute types
  • added an “Open GarageSale Community” command to Help menu
  • Synching: Fixed a bug that prevented a Mac from uploading data to the sync server, when a user created a new conflict by editing the local database while the Conflict resolution panel was already open

Thanks for using GarageSale,
The GarageSale team

1 Like

This works great, but what if you only did it IF the selected entry is NOT already visible in the list on the screen???

Now, if an entry is already visible on screen it will move to a new location, even though it does not need to… And I have to go hunt/look for it…

Thoughts???

Neal

Very Good! Works Great! on macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 (20D75).

Thanx!
Neal

This new feature is quite useful and helpful, IF the selected listing item was NOT already visible on the screen…

But, for me, it is very annoying if the item was already visible, and I’m relisting it for example, and then I hover over it’s parent folder waiting for it to finish so I can close the parent folder, and then the item, and parent folder, move to a new location in the list…

Can you just do the new code only if the item was not already visible???

Thanx,
Neal

Does the behavior improve for you with beta 9?

Hi Ilja,

Well…

Relisting: Yes, this works much better for me. PERFECT!!

But, now finding a search result shows the result at the bottom of the list, again… :frowning:

See movie.

Reveal Original, from a Smart Group, also moves item to bottom of on-screen but does not position in middle of screen

Searching moves found item to bottom of on-screen but does not position in middle of screen

Starting: with listing title on screen - works good
Starting: with listing title off screen - does not move to on-screen, if off-screen

Neal

Screen Recording (GarageSale)2

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.