GarageSale 8.3 Beta 3 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

GarageSale 8.3 Beta 3 is available for you to download from this link:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_8.3b3.dmg

What’s new in this beta version

• text snippet macros are now supported in the Condition description
  • category popover shows category tree version in sprocket menu when option key is held down

What’s new in GarageSale 8.3

• runs natively on Macs with Apple Silicon chips
  • minimum macOS is requirement is now raised to macOS 10.14 Mojave
  • fixed a crash when updating incomplete local listings with data from eBay
  • Bulk Search & Replace panel: added an “Exact search” option for finding the exact search strings, including HTML tags. This option bypasses GarageSale’s search index and scans through the entire library using brute force, thus it’s a little slower than the regular search

Thanks for using GarageSale,
The GarageSale team

In GarageSale v8.2:

This is the BIGGEST time–saving feature for me!!

Now I rarely see my Deleted Listings Trash folder open and have to close it, with over 61,600 items in it!

Thank You! :+1: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Neal

1 Like

A quick question, Why are you keeping 61,600 items in the trash?

Because they do not get automatically deleted??? :man_shrugging: (like the Finder does :wink:)

Neal

I just programed some smart keys to easily empty the deleted items. I look at he file once a day to make sure nothing running is in there and hit the empty smart keys and get rid of them. I thought maybe you were keeping them for later use.

I keep all my Sold listings (26000+) in a separate monthly folder hierarchy for future use/reference.

The Trash listings are just the GarageSale auto-duplicated-generated listings.

SOMETIMES I search in the Trash to find a trail of non-sold listings, but no need for anything greater than 60/90/120 days old…

Neal

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.