GarageSale 8.4 Beta 4 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

the fourth beta release (a feature complete version for preview and testing) of the upcoming GarageSale 8.4 is available for you from this address:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_8.4b4.dmg

What’s new since beta 2

• updated French and Italian localizations
  • fixed an issue where a click on the “shipped” checkbox in the orders section was not reflected on eBay
  • fixed possible crash when Attributes panel was open when GarageSale was about to quit

General Notes about GarageSale 8.4

GarageSale 8.4 will be the first GarageSale version that support eBay’s new authorization method (OAuth), which is required to access any of the new APIs that eBay recently released (e.g. getting managed payment status, sending offers to watchers, attaching videos to listings).

Once you refreshed your eBay access token in GarageSale 8.4 from the Accounts section of the Preferences window, GarageSale will be able to ask eBay, if your account has managed payments enabled. If so, it won’t nag you to select a payment method or payment profile anymore.

If you are switching back to GarageSale 8.3.6, after having refreshed your token in GarageSale 8.4, you’ll will need to refresh your token in GS 8.3 once again.

What else is new in GarageSale 8.4

• fixes “Product Search” feature, which broke through an eBay API change
  • Order section: New context menu entries in the order outline view to change order state (e.g. “shipped”) for selected orders
  • GarageSale will prevent you from starting auction-style listings, when the auto-cancel feature is enabled for such a listing
  • Attributes window: enabled ‘autocompletes’ option for certain attributes (e.g. ‘Artist’ attribute in LP/Records section)
  • Synching: re-worked conflict algorithm to reduce the number of times the Conflict window appears
  • added AppleScript command to manipulate shipping weights
  • various crash fixes
  • text entered in the “user properties” area of the inspector is now searchable
  • new smart group rule for searching “user properties” content
  • GarageSale generates a ‘mobile summary’ from the first 800 characters of your listing description when uploading listings, which does not include GarageSale’s version identifier string
  • the ‘Reveal Original’ command is available from the overview context menu (middle area) in the listing section
  • the number of images used in a listing is shown in Editor mode
  • added new Preferences settings (under eBay > Advanced) that prevents automatic switching to ‘Live’ view when listings are started
  • ‘Condition description’ attribute can be removed from a listing with the Revise command
  • fixed font size issues in Shipping options panel
  • fixed problems with importing specifics from XML files
  • when GarageSale is already running, images dragged onto its Dock icon will get added to active listing
  • fixed a crash when category search returned a single result (e.g when searching for a category id)
  • category panel now displays category id when the category was deleted by eBay
  • category id for deleted categories is shown in Inspector

This changes allow users to group similar listings using the same user property entry, and use smart groups to keep track of such item groups.

Thanks for using GarageSale,
The GarageSale team

This is still not working for either form of Scheduled listings: using the timeline Scheduler or using the Minimum Interval Between Launches setting in the Launcher.

It would be minor, except the font-downloading dialog box appears to be blocking for the Launcher; once it shows up, new listings do not seem to be created until it is dismissed.

Strange, I did some testing and listing launched in the scheduler don’t trigger any change in the main window at all. Maybe that requires some additional options to be enabled? :thinking:

Happy to check, but unsure what I should capture.

Do you have the ‘move’ or ‘duplicate’ options enabled when starting items with an interval?

Good question. Not for standard launches, but definitely for Relisting. I wonder if it happens only for Relist? (I will check later today)

Just checked:

1. No problems with Relist.
  2. I had a bunch of listings (stopped/ended/black) selected, chose “Start…” from the toolbar. In that dialog box, I had “Move originals to trash” selected. But in the Launch control popup, with both “Use multiple connections” or “Minimum interval” the same behavior: The first item of the collection was opened in Live view.

Noted: The Scheduler also opens the first item in the collection in Live view.

Interestingly, the Launch window doesn’t seem to open a Live view (of the first item) until it has completed; the Scheduler opens one immediately upon completion of the first launch.

Could this be an off-by-one error on the collection? I suppose the question for me is: What object/function is responsible for setting the View? Is there a default behavior that’s slipping through somehow?

OK did some more (small) tests: The culprit seems to be

• Start... (via Launch Control)
  • [Move old items to trash, but does this matter?]
  • Use multiple connections: true

As soon as the first item in the collection launches successfully, it is definitely opened in Live View.

OOOH GOT IT!!

Yes, “Move original items to trash” does in fact make a difference.

Reproducible bug:

I stopped several listings. They turned black (as they should).

I selected them, and clicked “Start…” in the toolbar. I clicked “Moved original items to trash” and at that point the bug arises this way:

1. if I dismiss the Launch window and select the new (Prepared) versions of the listings, and choose “Start…” there is no Live View.
  2. if I do not dismiss the Launch window (immediately after “Move original items to trash” has fired), the Live View will open once the first item is successfully launched.

I note that the behavior of GS when I “Move original items to trash” and then dismiss the Launch window is apparently to change focus… to the trash group? Which is odd, TBH.

Tried following your instructions, but could not get a unexpected selection change. Can you spot wha I’m doing different from you?
MoveOriginalsToTrash

I mean there are minor differences, but here’s my experience (GS 8.4b6, just to make sure)

1. before video begins, I stopped the listings and slightly edited them (minor price change)
  2. select subset of Stopped listings (black); I notice that I never use the left bar, always the central view to select; shouldn’t matter
  3. click “Start...” in toolbar
  4. agree to move originals to trash after duplication
  5. Launch Control pops up
    [I click the collection in the left panel in the video to show which ones were highlighted and are now replaced with `Prepared` versions; I note that sometimes (not sure when), “move originals to trash” changes focus to the Trash, but it didn’t do it this time]
  6. Review settings; in this case, I want to use multiple connections
  7. Start Listings” click
  8. As soon as the first selected is completely uploaded, the main view changes to Live, and (in this case, at random, about 1/5 of the time) the damned font download dialog appears

Also you can see the upload process freeze when the dialog box pops up!

later

I have done what you did, and realize that clicking the Group in the left panel to change the main View to a list view instead of a single listing might have something to do with it?

Is there a control flow step when launching, that changes to a single-item view in the main pane if it was a list view, upon success? In your example, the main pane is showing a single listing when you click “Start”, and the behavior works as expected. In my example, I have clicked to show a list in the main pane, and when the first item succeeds this changes to a single item.

And when that happens, it is always a Live view of that item.

And when that happens, eBay sometimes demands the font download.

I think because I am stopping and re-starting 200+ listings every day I will often click to activate the list view in the main pane, especially because I like to launch things in a particular sort order. When I do that, this problem arises.

Thanks for the video. It seems going back to the list view is triggering the selection of the listing. Shouldn’t be too hard to fix.

1 Like

Could you please checkout beta 7 if it’s now working as you expect it to?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.