GarageSalePictureService: Wrong response ((null)). message

DO you know what beta version you were on when the freezing occurred the last time?

Hi

I’m using beta 44 (764) and it happens when changing the title or part of description. When it happens activity monitor shows up to 99% CPU load.

If you can trigger the hang up easily, please use the Activity Monitor’s Sample command to collect information about what GarageSale is doing while you see the beachball.

Here are detailed instructions:

Taking a sample

Therefore it would be interesting to know why you experiencing those hangs or freezes. Here is how you can help us find out:

1. Launch GarageSale if you don’t have it already running
  2. Open the Activity Monitor application (under /Application/Utilities)
  3. Select GarageSale from the list of running applications in Activity Monitor
  4. Now do something you are pretty sure that will cause the beachball to come up for several seconds
  5. Chose “View” menu > “Sample Process” (Activity Monitor will probably ask you for an admin password at this point)
  6. Wait while the sample is taken
  7. Save the sample output into a file and send it to us.

Getting the same error on 7.04. All settings are checked as shown above. Ive got one auction to fly the other 8 that I have prepared will not start.

What is the work around to get these to work or is this issue still not fixed?

Hi,

this seems to be another issue. The issue above was related to a bug on our server and was fixed three months ago.

Do you still get this error? Do you see any messages in the Console? Which macOS version do you use?

Thanks,
Paul

1Version 0.10.5 (14F1808)

10/15/16 2:21:07.525 PM GarageSale[6064]: Error downloading image server infoDict from URL:http://img1.iwascoding.com/cgi-bin/freeserv/get_server.cgi, The file “get_server.cgi” couldn’t be opened.

Hi,

what happens if you open the following URL in your webbrowser? It should open a file with XML-Data. Do you see the data?

Thanks,
Paul

Hi,

in addition to that, can you reproduce the error and immediately go to the page

http://www.whatsmyip.org

And send me your IP (or IPv6)? Then I may find you in the sever-logs.

Thanks,
Paul

seems i may have had a connection issue. i think its working now but im
getting an error on the picts needing to be more then 500 px on each
length. Once i fix this ill try again. Im assuming it will work. i couldnt
hit the xml file before on your server but after looking into the
connection, i was able to get the connection and the pict dim error on a
garage sale start auction attempt.

todd

Todd Fullerton :: IMDb - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1771039/
Don’t forget…
Some minds are like concrete, thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
Don’t be like concrete!

This e-mail transmission contains information belonging to the sender
which is both confidential and legally privileged. This information is
only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it was sent. All
unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.

Error is back again. I can go to web page and get the xml fine but for some reason in the Garage Sale OSX app, it gives the ‘wrong response’ error when trying to upload the pictures.
IP: 107.185.64.36

What is odd is I was able to post 3 or 4 auctions then it stopped working. I let it go for a few hours and now im trying again but its still not working despite being able to hit the xml file on a web site, the auctions wont upload the pictures inside the app.

It doesnt appear that anything is blocking the connection because I can do a revision to the previous published auctions without issue, so im wondering if its the app itself.

T

update:

i used the scheduler and they seem to have gone up. Im not sure whats going on but the 3 auctions that would not go up have now gone up via the scheduler.