GS 7 importing problem

made listings export from GS6 (one file for all).

GS7 -> file -> import -> import listings. nothing happens. no errors or messages. just nothing.

How big is your exported file? Is it feasible to send it to us via DropBox (or something similar) or e-mail it to us?

about 700mb. i prefer not to disclose my items.

I see. Here are a few things you could try:

1. Delete your GarageSale 7 container by deleting the directory Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7 from your account’s home directory. This should trigger a complete re-import from your current GarageSale 6 library. But you’d lose any changes you made in GS 7 so far.

2. If that doesn’t work for some reason, you could try exporting and importing smaller batches from GarageSale 6. Maybe it’s just single listing that GarageSale 7 chokes on during import.

3. Was there anything written to the Console utility when the import in GarageSale 7 failed. We could use this information to track down the bug that’s causing the import to fail.

1. will try. GS6 on my desktop my from where i migrating all business things to my macbook pro now.

2. tried with no luck. same problem - just nothing even for 1 auction.

3. can’t find console in GS7. where is it?

It’s under /Applications/Utilities/Console.

oh, sorry :slight_smile: i thought there is some special embedded debugging console in GS.

here is the string that i got trying to import listing from GS6
30.05.16 22:07:01,097 GarageSale[10861]: Could not resolve security path: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=259 “The file couldn’t be opened because it isn’t in the correct format.”