GS 7 Listing Upload Error: GarageSalePictureService: Could not upload picture (403)

Hello,

I recently upgraded to GS 7 following problems uploading auctions with GS 6. I am now receiving the following error when uploading listings (auction or BIN–no GTC): GarageSalePictureService: Could not upload picture (403). If I switch to EPS, I can upload the listings. That said, I have to reduce the number of photos in the listing down to 12 and this is a problem for some types of items I list. This error has occurred with both relistings and new listings. Any help resolving this issue would be appreciated.

OSX: 10.11.3
GS: 7.0.5

Best,
Matt

Something between your Mac and our image server does temper with the security credentials in the image upload request.

Are you behind some cooperate firewall or proxy server? How do you get onto the internet? Cable, DSL, or satellite link?

Ilja,

Thank you for your quick response.

I am not behind a corporate firewall or proxy server. Our internet is cable run through a wireless router. I have been using GS since 2014 and my set-up has been the same (i.e., same router, provider, computer, etc.) for over a year.

Tonight, I uploaded a handful of new listings with GS’s picture server selected for imagines. That said, when I tried to relist some items, I got the error referenced in the title of this topic. Following the error, I switched to EPS for the images and the listings uploaded.

Best,
Matt

GS 7 uses a different method (HTTP Post) of uploading images to our server than GS 6 (WebDav). GS 7 basically does the same what a browser does when uploading an image.

Have you checked if there is a firmware updated available for your router?

Ilja,

Thank you again for replying so quickly.

I have not checked on the firmware, but can.

Frankly, I am not the most technologically savvy person anymore so this may be a naive point of confusion, but it strikes me as odd that some listings go up without issue and some are rejected. Is there any reason that you can think of that listings made in GS 6 would have trouble uploading to the GS picture server, while those made in GS 7 would not? I am not certain that is a pattern that will hold up over time, but that is how this last batch of listings played out. Perhaps the note at the beginning of your message addresses this.

Again, thank you for your time, help, and patience.

Best,
Matt

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.