GS won't "Upload Photos to eBay Server (if free)"

I run auctions that have between 5 and 20 photos. When I select GS Server to host, they never seem to upload to eBay (as in the preview 12 photos that are available). It does not matter whether there are only 5 photos or more. I have also checked the box that says to upload ebay’s server when free.

However, when I select eBay’s server as the destination, they will load to ebay’s preview and to the body of the listing.

I would like to have the 12 free photos in ebay’s preview visible. When they’re not, I often get messages from people asking for more photos as they’re using the app and haven’t tapped “item description.”

What can I do/try to get this function to work?

If you’re wondering why I simply don’t go with ebay’s server as a default, the answer is simple: a good number of my listings need between 12-20 photos. When I select ebay as the default, I have to limit myself to 12 photos.

I’m sorry if anything about that is unclear.

If it’s also useful to know, I’m listing on eBay Austria.

Thanks!

You just need to select GarageSale’s free image service and also tick the “Also upload to eBay, if free” checkbox in the GarageSale preferences > eBay > eBay Images.
GarageSale will then upload the images to GarageSale’s free image service AND to eBay (EPS). Just note that the EPS image gallery is not reflected in the GarageSale Preview then. The images will appear on the eBay website though.

Regards, Kristian

Thanks for your response! However, as mentioned, I have that box checked. Even with it checked and GS server selected, I will only have one preview photo (1 of 1 on the listing).

It is only when I select eBay’s server that they actually upload in the gallery.

I take a look at the actual listing in the ebay app and in a browser to confirm this.

Could it be anything to do with uploading to ebay Austria?

It might be that EPS is not free on eBay Austria?

Regards, Kristian

If that were the case, would it work when I only select EPS? Currently, when EPS is selected as the server, it works, but I’m limited to 12.

Are there any other settings that could impact it, such as resolution?

I just checked the eBay Austria website. EPS images should be free.
Did you actually try to start a listing with more than 12 images using GarageSale’s free image service and “Also upload to eBay, if free”?

Regards, Kristian

Thanks for double-checking that for me.

I have tried the following:

New listing (with 13+ photos) using GS server and checking "Also upload to ebay if free"
Result: 1 gallery photo, remaining photos in body of listing.

New listing (with 4 total photos) using GS server and checking "Also upload to ebay if free"

New listing (with <12 photos) using EPS.
Result: 1 gallery photo, remaining photos in preview

Revise listing (with <12 photos) after changing preference from EPS to GS (also upload to ebay if free ticked) .
Result: 1 gallery photo, remaining photos in preview.

Revise listing (with >12 photos) after changing preference from EPS to GS (also upload to ebay if free ticked).

The only workaround I see now is using GS as the default for listings with 12-20 photos (since the end result is 1 gallery photo and no previews no matter what) and EPS for listings that contain 1-12 photos. This solution is time-consuming: at least 50% of all listings need the additional step of revision through GS and I won’t have more than a preview photo for the rest.

Let me know if there’s any info I can provide or steps to try to eliminate and problems.

Thanks for taking the time!

Sorry, it seems the internal flag that tells GarageSale whether or not images are free on eBay Austria was still set to off.

I enabled that flag and you should get the correct behaviour once you restarted GarageSale and waited for about 30 seconds.

Thanks so much for checking on that for me!

I will give it a try in the next couple of hours and report back with my results.

I didn’t want to wait, so I just tried it quickly.

I selected GS server and ticked “also upload photos if free to EPS” and revised two listings:

Listing 1: ca. 10 photos
Result: Success! Gallery photo loaded AND all additional photos in the preview.

Listing 2: ca.15 photos
Result: Success! Gallery photo loaded AND all additional photos in the preview.

Looks like everything is correct and in order. Thanks again for chasing this answer down. This was the first time I had turned to the forums, but this is something I’ve tried to solve for a couple of years.

Thanks again, I’ll see whether I have any other unsolved problems hanging around. I’ve been able to correct a number of things since migrating to 7.0+, but it’s been a learning curve from the older version.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.