GS7 Several Bugs to Report

I like the new interface but there are a few things that I’ve noticed so far. I’m on 7.0.1 (722).

1. Can’t drag images from Photos app to the drop zones. Well, you can, but they don’t show up. I get the green + and the screen refresh, but no photo is added.

2. Upon relisting an auction, it created a new auction with a black symbol instead of the light green symbol. In 6, it would grab a copy of the listing image from ebay and file it. Those that had the black, yellow or red dots. I wonder if this is the same thing but it isn’t organizing them the same way.

Here is a pic.

EDIT:
OK, I figured this out I think. When the relist screen comes up, you must select a folder location to store the original expired listing. Is there a way to set a default for that. Also, In the relist window, is there a way to change the default pop-up to “Relist with all changes” instead of relist without changes?

1. When using the “Best Offer” option, the field gives an error if input as 200.00. It is requiring the European model of 200,00.

2. I can’t figure out how to add my store name. It was an account in the v6.

That’s it for now.

Thanks for great software.

I tested this, and dragging from Photos seems to be indeed broken. I’m pretty sure it worked last week, so I suspect Apple changed something with the 10.11.6 update. Hopefully we can fix this issue quickly.

I believe you got this mixed up. The listing with the solid grey icon is the ended listing, the one with the light blue is the re-listed listing just started.

Please refer to the Help > Icon Legend for an overview of the new icons.

Your last selection is supposed to be sticky (unless you have removed the target folder in the meantime).

Thanks. We’ll look into this. [quote=“jebarne, post:1, topic:1648”]
When using the “Best Offer” option, the field gives an error if input as 200.00. It is requiring the European model of 200,00.
[/quote]

Thanks again, we’ll look into this one, too.

Hmm. I’m not sure what you are taking about. Can you perhaps post a screenshot from GS 6?

I can’t figure out how to add my store name. It was an account in the v6.

Hmm. I’m not sure what you are taking about. Can you perhaps post a screenshot from GS 6?

I have a personal ebay account and a store. The store is accessed from my personal account and does not have a separate logon id. In version 6, it would see the store name and store categories and allow me to list everything in the store account, but in version 7, I can’t see how to add that unless I create a separate account and a descrete logon.

Thanks for all the fixes that came in this update.

I’m still not sure I entirely get the problem. But I’ll give it a try:

If your account has a store, you should be able use it in GarageSale 7, even though the store details don’t show up in in the preferences panel.

Or are your store categories missing from the store categories popup in GarageSale 7?

I can’t see anything in GS 7 about my store. It is defaulting to my non-store categories. In GS6, I could see both my personal and my store categories when I used the pull - down for the store categories. It just isn’t there, and since I don’t have a separate login for the store, there is no way to add it as an account.

In GS6, I just added it as an account and everything showed up.

You can download your store categories and other details by hitting the “Update Account Details” button in the GarageSale preferences> Accounts if that is your concern.

https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs7/en/GarageSale_Preferences-Accounts.html

Regards, Kristian

I have done that but they show up in my personal account and not my store account.

What do you mean by “store account” ? Do you have two eBay user ids?

I have a personal ebay account and a basic store. The store is accessed from my personal account and does not have a separate logon id. In version 6, I could add the store name as a separate account with store categories and I could list everything in the store account. (pictures above)

In version 7, If I try to add my store as an account, it requires a password. Since I only access the store from my personal logon, eBay doesn’t require a separate password for my store, but GS7 does require a password. Right now, unless I create a separate account for the store and a discrete logon, I can’t list in my store. whereas, I could in release 6.

If you have a personal account, which is linked to a store, your categories should automatically be downloaded without needing to authorized the account twice in GarageSale. Do you see your categories in the inspector tab in the listing section?

Yes, the categories are there, and listings are properly tagging to my store on ebay, so I guess whatever change you made between v6 and v7 doesn’t affect the usability, only the interface.

Here is what I had in v6 followed by v7. Note that both the personal and the store showed up. In 7, only personal, but since the categories are the same in my set up, it doesn’t affect how it actually lists.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.