;_gsrx_vers_1292 (GS 8.3.6 (1292) : how to remove from the description code?

Hi,
I know this has been already discussed, but if I am not wrong there was no solution.
It seems that GS put the version number into the description code. As you can check, all my listings have it:

And it also appears in ebay mobile app description preview:

Please is it possible to remove it? The footer section only has the SKU code to appeared under description, nothing else.

Thank you
Federico

There is no official way to set the summary, but there was some kind of hack to tell eBay what the summary for your listing description is.

I cannot find documentation for this hack, but I’ll ask eBay if this is still possible.

Hi Ilja,
thank you for your help.
Maybe I didn’t explain well my problem. I am not looking for the way to set the summary, I just want the GS version code to be removed from the description. If you check that listing’s html description, there is absolutely no track of the “GSRX version” code:

<div style="font-size: inherit; font-weight: inherit; text-align: justify;"><p style="margin: 0px; text-align: center; font-size: 16px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Times New Roman'; -webkit-text-stroke-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-stroke-width: initial;"><br></p></div><div style="font-size: inherit; font-weight: inherit; text-align: justify;"><div style="font-size: inherit;"><font size="4"><font face="Times, Times New Roman" style="font-size: inherit;"><font style="text-align: left;"><b style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">DESCRIZIONE</b><font color="#000000">:</font></font></font><span style="font-size: inherit; text-align: left;"><font color="#000000" face="Times, Times New Roman">&nbsp;cartolina d'epoca - old original postcard</font></span></font><br></div><div style="font-size: inherit;"><br></div><div><div style="font-size: inherit;"><div style="font-size: inherit;"><font size="4"><span style="line-height: 22px;"><font color="#000000" face="Times, Times New Roman"><b>FORMATO</b>: 10,5x15 cm</font></span></font></div><div style="font-size: inherit;"><div style="font-size: inherit;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times, &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-size: large;">Piccolo 9x14</span><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times, &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-size: large;">&nbsp;cm circa</span></div><div style="font-size: inherit;"><font size="4"><span style="line-height: 22px;"><font color="#000000" face="Times, Times New Roman">Grande 10x15 cm circa</font></span></font></div><div style="font-size: inherit;"><font size="4"><span style="line-height: 22px;"><font color="#000000" face="Times, Times New Roman"><br></font></span></font></div></div></div><div><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="4" face="Times, Times New Roman" color="#000000"><b style="font-size: inherit; line-height: normal; -webkit-text-stroke-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-stroke-width: initial;">CONSERVAZIONE</b><span style="line-height: normal;"><span style="-webkit-text-stroke-width: initial;">: bordi scanalati, pieghette, piccole abrasioni,&nbsp;</span></span>{{item.userProps.4}}</font></p></div></div></div><div style="text-align: justify;"><div><p style="font-size: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px;"><br></p></div></div><div style="font-size: inherit; font-weight: inherit; text-align: justify;"><p style="font-size: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px; line-height: normal; -webkit-text-stroke-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-stroke-width: initial;"></p></div>

So my question is, where does this code come from?? The footer only has this code:

<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong>[[item.sku]]</strong></span></p>

So I really don’t understand where this code is hidden. Did you get my trouble?

P.S. I forgot to say that the listing is started from GS without design. No template is set at the moment of launching, it is automatically applied later by another website.

You might not realize it, but you screenshot is showing the summary eBay generates from your description, because GarageSale did not provide a summary. If GarageSale was able to set summary by itself, it could avoid the version maker.

GarageSale inserts it, so we can know what version was used to create a particular listings. We rely on this maker for resolving support issues and generating usage statistics.

In addition to Ilja’s reply:
It’s really strange that eBay shows that “gsrx” string in their item summary.

However, eBay offers a way to specify what is shown as the item summary. Therefore they introduced a special set of HTML code describe here:
https://pages.ebay.com/sell/itemdescription/customizeyoursummary.html

Regards, Kristian

@ilja @kristian thank you for your help! Now I see, so this is intentionally hidden into the listing although I don’t see it in GS description preview neither in the footer code. That would be great to be removed, this is not useful for sellers and doesn’t look good in description preview.

Thank you
Federico

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.