Hosting Store Logo

Just made the jump up to GarageSale 7.0.9b4 from 6.9.7 since it seems that there will be no way to keep going on version 6 with Ebay’s changes… and I have a couple of questions…

I use a PRO template, and was hosting my own pictures on Godaddy. In GarageSale 7 I switched the picture hosting to GarageSale Hosting to be HTTPS compliant, but can’t figure out where to host my shop logo to make that comply. A lot of image hosting sites don’t play well with Ebay (like imgur or flickr), and to get an SSL certificate for Godaddy is going to cost some $$$$, anybody have any ideas? Any chance of hosting things like this on the GarageSale hosting?

Sure I’ll have some more questions…
Thanks!

1 Like

The workaround I used is upload your store logo as a product image and then inspect the element on eBay for the iwascoding URL. You can then copy and paste this URL and use it universally as your store logo.

Would be interested to hear if @ilja confirms this is acceptable. (At least, I’m doing it for 180 listings for the last 2 weeks).

Uhm I am hosting my logo in site ground and using chevereto… can anyone tell me if it is fine, please?

Anyway, as I already told much time ago, why not including the logo image in description without an URL??

atp https://help.iwascoding.com/u/atp
September 22
The workaround I used is upload your store logo as a product image and then inspect the element on eBay for the iwascoding URL. You can then copy and paste this URL and use it universally as your store logo.

Would be interested to hear if @ilja https://help.iwascoding.com/u/ilja confirms this is acceptable. (At least, I’m doing it for 180 listings for the last 2 weeks).

Would this work? And is it OK? Or would it disappear after a certain amount of time?

In my opinion, it disappears if you do not upload it as GTC listing. Anyway, I don’t think GS hosting is the better way to store your logo…

That’s what I thought, just trying to find a cheap and easy fix for one simple logo. Getting an SSL certificate costs money, and for the time being if I can avoid it I would like to…

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.