How do i import photos from the updated Photo program?

interestingly enough, it did work the next time i tried it. haven’t tried it again. wonder if it will work from here on out. any idea why media does not refresh within GarageSale? I have to exit GarageSale before it displays any of the new pictures I added to Photos.

i am using the latest beta version …like the user antiquehokie replied …it worked when you released the fix but now its broken again …cannot drag photos from “photos” app to garagesale auction template like i used to be able to …can you please release a fix i use this constantly when creating auctions
thanks

I don’t thing we can change anything about this right now. Looks a bug in the Photos application to us. We’ll file a bug with Apple, but don’t get your hopes up high any time soon.

Is there a work around? Any other way to get photos in so we can list?

Just use the Media window in GarageSale. It’s not affected by this issue.

That’s because the Apple’s media parser library does not send out any notifications to GarageSale that the library was changed. The documentation says it should send these notifications, but this seems to be yet another bug in their new Photos platform.

Thanks, same thing happens with Safari. Very frustrating.

When I click media player Garage Sale immediately crashes. I have 6.9.4. I generally wait until an update comes out though the apple store, otherwise in the past I have lost sales records etc. If I download the latest version through the posted link will anything change other than the version & it work just as if I have updated from the store? It is a pain to restore from a backup. I will just wait if I am going to have to spend time trying to find all my stuff or it messes with my registration.

Sorry, we are still struggling with new requirements that prevent the submission of version 6.9.5 to the Mac App Store.

So I can’t upload any update since I bought my version via the Apple store? What is the projected time wait until it is available so I can list again?

After some tweaking, we were able to submit GarageSale 6.9.5 to the App Store today. It usually takes about for Apple to approve the new version.

In the mean time, you could export your images from Photos as files to the Desktop, and drag them to GarageSale from there. Cumbersome, but better than being able to list at all.

Hi, Just updated my wife’s computer to Version 6.9.8b6 (631) and she can now not find the Photo program files in the Media Window. Any ideas as the version mentioned as a solution in this thread is well out of date. Thanks!

Sorry, I don’t think I can help you with this. GarageSale is using functions provided by Apple to access your Photos library. If these functions don’t return any images from your library, there is not much we could do.

Until this bug is fixed by Apple, your wife has to drag the images to the Desktop first, and drag them from there to GarageSale. :frowning: