How do you easily change the name of a folder you create?

I’ve tried right clicking twice quickly, also left click quickly, I never know what ends up working. After a delay, I’m able to then change the name of the folder. Sometimes nothing works and I just end up creating a new folder. lol

I also don’t see a shortcut on the top menu to do this. You highlight the folder, then go up to edit and there’s no section that says for example: Change Folder Title Name, or something like that. So I don’t know how to do this with just the mouse nor thru the menu section.

I know the answer is probably something simple, but can someone let me know the quick method to change the name of a folder after it’s already created and named.

Thank you!

changefolder

EDIT: Thru trial and error, I figured out that if you hold down the OPTION key while clicking, you are able to change the name of the folder.

Click once. Then after a very short delay, click once again. This delay time is adjustable in your System Preferences in the ‘Mouse’ section.

Steve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.