Images Seem To Disappear But Maybe Not

I have been having this problem for about 5 weeks now but I guess I thought it was something I was doing wrong. I no longer think that.

Lately, when I go to change descriptions or pricing on items that I have had up for sale for some time, the Drop Zones are all empty.

GS.Image.Problem

I’ve been re-inserting the pictures manually.

But doing that causes double pictures. So if I had 4 images on the page, and it showed empty, I would re-insert 4 pictures in the Drop Zone. Once that happened, I would have 8 images in the Drop Zones, 2 of each.

So last night, I was going to change some information on my open sales via GS, but I figured I’d look at them online before going through the rigamarole. Sure enough, the online pictures were in place. But 6 out of 14 of the copies in GS had empty-looking Drop Zones.

I can’t figure out what the problem is.

Please let us know which version of GarageSale you have installed. (Just select ‘About GarageSale’ from the ‘GarageSale’ menu in GarageSale.)

Could it be that this is a listing that you imported from eBay?

Can you export and compress (zip) it an post it here or send it to the GarageSale support directly?

Regards, Kristian

8.0.11 (1151)

I didn’t import them. I created them and uploaded them using GarageSale. Then, down the line, I changed the descriptions using GarageSale.

I fixed them manually so I no longer have those I’m writing about.

@Michelle if you switch to editor mode in top bar, do you see greyed images with question mark in right hand side? If you added new photos those greyed image boxes remain. Do you use synching? It sounds like ghost images to me…

I’ll have to wait until it happens again so I can check, @fedege96.

I don’t use syncing.

Hi @Michelle , you don’t need to wait. If they were ghost images, they are still there although you don’t see them. Go to that listing in which you added again photos, switch to editor and check right side column. Do you see greyed question marked images?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.