Insert MPN using Applescript

Hi Ilja,

That is just fantastic. It works a treat! Thank you so much. I will be adjusting our scripts tomorrow.

Superb as ever!

Thanks again.

Rufus

Hi Ilja,

Is there also a corresponding getSpecific command???

Like: getSpecific of first selected template with name ā€œMPNā€

Thanx,
Neal

Hi Ilja,

Or better yet: ā€œgetSpecific of first selected templateā€ to get a list of all Attribute ā€œnamesā€ and ā€œvaluesā€ like:
Brand: Atlas
Type: Diesel Locomotive
MPN: 123456789012

Thanx,
Neal

Hi Ilja,

And even better still:

How about AppleScript get and set for the Barcode field also???

And the Condition (New/Used) field.

This way people can insert the Barcode just like the MPN.
And I can find all templates that are New and do not have a Barcode nor a MPN.

:slight_smile:

Thanx,
Neal

Give them a finger, and theyā€™ll take the whole hand. :wink:

I just looked up GarageSaleā€™s scripting dictionary in the Script editor, and ā€˜conditionā€™ and ā€˜barcodeā€™ are already there in the ā€˜templateā€™ class.

Hi Ilja,

OH!! GREAT!

Sorry, guess I missed thatā€¦

Thank You! :wink:

Neal

Hi Ilja,

Wellā€¦ AppleScript Dictionary error/bug:

In Script Editor Paste in this script:
tell application "GarageSale"
get barcode of selected templates
end tell

The click Run and script becomes:
tell application "GarageSale"
get bid count of selected templates
end tell

:smile:

Neal

:frowning: Should be fixed here:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_6_2015-07-24_1.zip

Hi Ilja,

Works Great!!!

Thanx!!!
Neal

Just like to say thank you as well for adding the SETSPECIFIC command - absolutely wonderful and something Iā€™ve wanted to see for a long time.

I also second Nealā€™s request if additional applescript commands could be added for attributes, such as a GETSPECIFIC - that way the existence and value of attributes can be checked allowing changes to be made dependent on the existing value or existence of a particular attribute.

The SETSPECIFIC is great but difficult to use in bulk as it automatically adds the attribute if it doesnā€™t already exist, something which is not always desirable.

Hi Ilja,

In GarageSale 6.9.8, could you PLEASE add the corresponding getSpecific AppleScript command:

So I can find all ā€œold/outdatedā€ Attributes:Custom Details fields in all my 11,000+ templates and remove or change them.

This will Greatly help in the cleanup of my MANY 11,000+ old templates before converting to the new GarageSale 7.

to get a list of all Attribute ā€œnamesā€ and ā€œvaluesā€ like:
Brand: Atlas
Type: Diesel Locomotive
MPN: 123456789012

tell application ā€œGarageSaleā€
getSpecific of first selected template
end tell

Or at least to get one named attribute:

tell application ā€œGarageSaleā€
getSpecific of first selected template with name ā€œMPNā€
end tell

ā€œAs mikeytttt also said:ā€
I also second Nealā€™s request if additional applescript commands could be added for attributes, such as a GETSPECIFIC - that way the existence and value of attributes can be checked allowing changes to be made dependent on the existing value or existence of a particular attribute.

The SETSPECIFIC is great but difficult to use in bulk as it automatically adds the attribute if it doesnā€™t already exist, something which is not always desirable.

Thanx a Bunch!!
Neal

Sorry, but I donā€™t think weā€™ll be adding this feature any time soon.

At the moment our highest priority is getting GarageSale 7 out of the door, which already has the capability of querying specific through AppleScript.

Hi Ilja,

Iā€™ve been trying to extend the use of the setSpecific command and it is working wonderfully. One query though, where an item specific is a multi-select is ot possible to use this command to enter more than 1 value?
Iā€™ve been trying various different syntax versions but havenā€™t found one yet.

An example might be for the ItemSpecific ā€œAdditional Inputs/Outputsā€.

I have tried

setSpecific of first selected template with name ā€œAdditional Inputs/Outputsā€ to value "Analog In"
setSpecific of first selected template with name ā€œAdditional Inputs/Outputsā€ to value "Analog Out"
setSpecific of first selected template with name ā€œAdditional Inputs/Outputsā€ to value ā€œMIDI I/Oā€

but it just overwrites each time. Any bright ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Rufus

Hi Rufus,

itā€™s just a guess but did you already tried something like this?:

setSpecific of first selected template with name ā€œAdditional Inputs/Outputsā€ to value ā€œAnalog In, Analog Out, MIDI I/Oā€

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Itā€™s a good thought and yes I have tried it but sadly it just adds a single line with the value Analog In, Analog Out, MIDI I/O rather than 3 different lines.
I also tried separating the values with a carriage return and a semi-colon but no luck.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Rufus

I donā€™t think thereā€™s another way to do this.

However, if you need separate lines it might be needed to use slightly different names, like this:

setSpecific of first selected template with name ā€œAdditional Inputs/Outputsā€ to value ā€œAnalog Inā€
setSpecific of first selected template with name ā€œAdditional Inputs/Outputs #2ā€ to value ā€œAnalog Outā€
setSpecific of first selected template with name ā€œAdditional Inputs/Outputs #3ā€ to value ā€œMIDI I/Oā€

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Ah, fair enough. Thereā€™s a thought. Iā€™ll give that a try and see how it looks.

Thanks for your help

Rufus

hi, I have the same problem, could you please send me the script?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.