Is this the end of GS for me?

No GS support and changes to Ebay has me thinking if GS is worth continuing with.

This item was sold 24 hours ago and is still;l marked as ‘Active with Bids or Sales’

Looking at the listing in Live Mode shows:

If I duplicate this item to list another item with identical properties
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 7.24.18 pm

I see:

In reality , I have now got to ‘Stop’ the sold listing to list the identical item.

Come on GS Help. Give me some Advice. Are you looking at this or just ignoring my post.

David

something is definitely off right now. I have a auction of an item that once it gets a bid I change GS to new pictures and new details and I have it marked to relist once sold. GS has been relisting this way for 1/2 a year fine with no problems. However, this week GS returned the “duplicates” screen that you posted above. I looked for the offending # and found it was the auction just ended 5 minutes ago. Yellow means you can ignore it but the “relister” wouldn’t put it up until I deleted the old listing in the trash and I did manually put it back up. I don’t know if this is new behavior with the Beta? Will watch this week to see.

It is the lack of interest from the GS Support team that concerns me the most. They may be already looking at the problem but without any messages it seems like they are not interested.

David

When Beta issues pop up I switch back to the working version until the beta gets fixed

I am still running 8.4.1b6 (1324), Richard. This does not seem related to the version of GS but to something that has changed on Ebay that the GS Support has not yet responded to. With 27,000 active items I cannot afford to let my database get out of sync with Ebay.

David

Maybe the chocolates that I sent them for Xmas were not chocolaty enough for them. LOL.

1 Like

You are running 30X more than me. Even with 900 listings I can’t afford to have anything but 100% accuracy. Thats why I usually hold off on computer updates (still running 10.15.7 Catalina because it is stable why break it?) and if the Beta has issues I just have an GS 8.4 version that’s been 100% reliable and start it up. Seems like someone at eBay has to justify their job and make dumb changes for change sake.

I think I have lost control of my database. I have to stop Sold items after selling to remove that damned out of stock listing just so I can list another copy.

Those making decisions at eBay likely have no clue GS exists at all.

The mods have more than once banned people on eBay’s community forums for just mentioning GarageSale in the forums as they thought it was a alternative listing site.

Back in the day, circa 2000-2001, A.I.D. was one of first Macintosh lister programs. Because eBay did not develop their own API and instead hired a 3rd party, eBay tried to pass this cost onto developers like the publisher of A.I.D. The publisher of A.I.D. could not afford to pay eBay for using its A.P.I. so they went of business and thus Mac users were left without any lisitng tools other than using the horrible TurboLister via emulation on the Mac.

Long term eBay is likely to get rid of tools like GarageSale as they want to force everyone to use their terrible “one size fits all” tools which they market as their gift to mankind.

We manually relist an item after it sells to keep on top of the duplicate errors and also to verify the inventory.

I wouldn’t rely on any program no matter how great to auto do things like that.

I know its a great feature of GS but frankly it should be done manually to be safe.

It would be like auto sending email messages or auto replies, after a while your ISP can false accuse you of spamming. Its just not worth it.

Just when you are going to ship, re list it manually. A few hours or whatever is not going to kill your business.

But that’s just us, we have over 3000 items, so yea we kinda do have to do things manually on relist, we don’t rely on GS for auto anything.

Love GS, but I would never allow it to possibly affect my status with them.

To us, its more of a great tool to manage all the listings as well as upload listings faster all while having a place that keeps the pictures locally here on our computer.

1 Like

Did you try to contact ebay assistance? The issue is just on your ebay preferences:

To bulk close listings, you can easily go to ebay hub > active listings > filter by “out of stock listings” > invoke “close listings” selecting all

Thank you Federico. I have never seen this preference which is probably because it has
Only just been implemented in Australia. I have just changed it and I will keep my eye on it.
BYW. I did contact EBay and they were about as useful as those squeeze bits on a bull.

Regards David

| fedege96
January 22 |

• | - |

davidelliott:

I have to stop Sold items after selling to remove that damned out of stock listing just so I can list another copy.

Did you try to contact ebay assistance? The issue is just on your ebay preferences:

To bulk close listings, you can easily go to ebay hub > active listings > filter by “out of stock listings” > invoke “close listings” selecting all

This is exactly the problem - “listings stay active when out of stock”. Deactivate to fix your issue @davidelliott

Slightly more to it than that. If this preference is changed the used has to log off and then log back on again, otherwise, the preference will revert back to its original setting.

Unfortunately it didn’t work here… the preference still reactivated :pensive:

False alarm. Mine flipped back after 2 days.

I checked my settings and it is turned off. I remember looking at it when it was first rolled out sometime last year and I didn’t activate it since I use GS to end and relist every month or 2 unless I have sales on multiple item listings. Needless to say I’m not messing with it to see what happens

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.