Latest Solution for Shipping Profile Warnings

Whilst using the latest Version of GarageSale, I am still getting Warning Messages in regards to a supposed conflict in Shipping Profiles when Verifying my new Listing. I am a private individual and not a commercial business. I have been trying to sell a Musical Instrument and specifying “NO Returns Accepted”. Also specifying my own Postal Rate (approx £45) for shipping, it has to be “Other Courier” as Royal Mail will not offer insured cover for Stringed Instruments. Annoyingly I have missed numerous Schedules as I repeatedly get the Warning on two counts. Can someone please explain what is going wrong? I have updated Tokens and hopefully tried to follow the guidelines, but this “simple procedure” is turning into a nightmare!

You get these two errors because you have a profile for payments selected.
If you select a profile for one of the option, e.g. for the Payment option, you have to select a profile for the shipping and return options as well.
If you don’t want to use them at all, just select “Don’t Use” from the “Profile” menu in the options for payment, shipping and return.

Profiles for payment, shipping and returns are part of what eBay calls “Business Policies”. It doesn’t matter if you are a business or a private seller. These are just pre-defined rules which are mostly automatically created for each user by eBay.

You can view and edit these profiles on the My eBay page. If you edit profiles or create new ones on the eBay website, please update them in GarageSale afterwards by selecting “Update Profiles” from the “Profile” menu in e.g. the Shipping options.

Please also see the GarageSale help here:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Miscellaneous-eBays_Business_Policies.html

Hope this helps,
Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.