Linking "unlisted" auctions to active listings

Using GarageSale 7.0.13 - uploaded a bunch of listings, got an error on a few that they were duplicates and couldn’t be uploaded. They were not duplicates, but they did upload. Any way to link these listings in GS to the active listings? Thanks! Pete

Hi flypogger,

do you remember if all of these listings were “prepared” listings? Also, did you get that “duplicate” error in the Launch Control window or was it a separate message/window from GarageSale?

If you select one of the listings in question in GarageSale and open the “Live” mode it doesn’t load the eBay website, does it? Also, what is the listing state: prepared (dashed border) or active (solid border)?

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Hi flypogger,

do you remember if all of these listings were “prepared” listings?

They were prepared in GarageSale (if that is what you mean), they had been listed before and were being delisted as “new” in a batch of about 25 listings.

Also, did you get that “duplicate” error in the Launch Control window or was it a separate message/window from GarageSale?

Yes, in the launch control window

If you select one of the listings in question in GarageSale and open the “Live” mode it doesn’t load the eBay website, does it?

Nope, a bix X and NOT LISTED YET

Also, what is the listing state: prepared (dashed border) or active (solid border)?

Prepared (dashed border)

Regards, Kristian

Thanks! Pete

Hi Pete,

are you sure that these listings have been uploaded? Are they listed on the eBay website?

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Yes, they are listed with the same end date as the items they were listed with,

Pete

Not sure if I understood what that means, however, there’s a way to “link” a prepared with an active listing.
To do this invoke the “Import from eBay” command. Don’t import any listing there, just drag the desired item from the “Import from eBay” panel to the listing ID field in the live inspector to link listings in GarageSale with listings on eBay.
This animation shows how to do it:
https://help.iwascoding.com/uploads/default/original/2X/6/697d7b705581219a73da7667aa930a756ef9ca82.gif

Hope this helps,
Kristian

What I meant was, even though they were showing as unlisted, they were live on eBay in the right spot, with the same ending date as the items around them that were listed correctly, so I know that I didn’t mess up and forget that I had previously listed them.

Tried your suggestion below, the first “link” that I tried to make, I got a window that said THAT ITEM NUMBER LAREADY IN USE.

Then I emptied the trash in GarageSale, tried again, and it worked like a charm!

Maybe a problem in the duplicate and move to trash?

THANKS!

Pete

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.