Location of images

Hey everyone! any idea where GS saves the images? as i need to access a few to also list elsewhere…

If i do right clik and show in finder it doesnt show anything… which would be my ideal way of doing it,

all the best

Here:
Help > Open Library Folder > ImageLibrary

Another way is to export the desired listing. If done, right-click on the exported listing in Finder and select “Show Package Content”.

Regards, Kristian

Hey mate, thanks for the reply. is there no way of making the right clikc show in finder work? as i have thousand’s of images

all the best

What “Show in Finder” command are you referring to? Where do you find it? What version of GarageSale do you use?

Whatever the latest version is - please see attached
Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 15.34.26

Not sure if this Service-command is a default macOS option. I don’t have it here.

However, it’s not a command from GarageSale - that’s probably why it doesn’t work.

For now maybe my two suggestions work for you.

Hiya! oh right, thats a shame : re your two options

Help > Open Library Folder > ImageLibrary - wont be able to find the images, as GS renames them?? which i didnt know.

select “Show Package Content”. - this renames the images again… to image 000001 etc… so then i will need to go through and rename them

is there anway to stop images renaming?

All the best

Paul

Ij just have to use the export for now… would love to see that option in the future though… Would also love to see GS become a hub for mulitpul maketplaces. I know others aready do this, but the way GS works is far better

Id love to see GS be able to push what you have to a live csv file ( on a server ) so i could bring in those items to other websites also. So it would provide them sites with a live stock feed.

The “Services” menu is added by macOS behind GarageSale’s back to the Preview context menu. Seems most of the items are non-operational, but so far we haven’t found a hook to prevent the system from adding those items.

No probs will just have to do it that other way of exporting…

Do you think you would ever consider adding a being able to have a csv file that would push to a live hosted csv…?

Would open the possibly of other marketplaces that allow live cvs imports etc…

Even for this reason… i used to use a plugin on wordpress for ebay sync, which means i had a website with the same stock as well…

If GS pushed a live csv… i could use a csv import software to keep stock on the website… e.g photos stock levels etc…

just a thought… i just think GS could be even more powerful that it already is…

All the best

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.