Looking for GarageSale 7 Testers

Would love to test the new beta, please send me an invite.

Please sign me up! :smiley:

I would be very interested in testing version 7, especially since 6.9.7 won’t run on my system since I upgraded to El Captian 10.11.1. Is the offer still open?

I sent you an invitation. Nevertheless I’m interested why 6.9.7 won’t run. What are the symptoms?

I get no further than the icon bouncing in the dock for what seems like longer than usual, then the icon simple disappears and there is nothing. No error message, just back to a normal screen like nothing happened. It was working just fine until the last el capitan upgrade.

I got the invite for version 7, downloaded it and it started up fine. Wow does it look different! While it seems to have imported my data all right it seems to have changed many of my folders around and I am going to have to sort that out.

I deleted the MAS receipt in the library folder and 6.9.7 has started up finally but now says it is a "demo version”. sigh. I was not asked to enter a license number and even if I was I don’t have one to enter. I went thru some challenges with the program last November with the upgrade to 6.9 and who had my license number - your the apple store - did get the software running but never did end up with a license number. I have bought the software twice now, originally from the apple store and then again from you and it looks like I will be doing so again for version 7. sigh. I am guessing the smart play is to buy from you direct and not the app store correct?

Thanks,
Terri

GarageSale 7 won’t be available from the Mac App Store anymore. Long update time, unreasonable demands by Apple’s reviewers, no way to contact customers after reviews - the Mac App Store is just a nightmare for developers like us who have to adapt quickly the eBay changes.

I’d love to help test GarageSale 7. I was planning on posting an iPhone and iPad this weekend on eBay anyways.

Hi

Love GS6. I have the MAS version but have no issue with apps being non-MAS. I run El Cap on a MBP 13. If there are spaces, I would love to try a beta of GS7. I have used GS6 such a lot I am definitely in line for buying an upgrade. On the final release, will it be possible to upgrade from a MAS GS6 to a non-MAS GS7 and be able to delete the older version (I hate having older versions lying around, but won’t delete until the final release.

Many thanks in advance.

please send an invite.

I would really like to test this version to see if it eliminates the scheduler problems I experience.
David

I’m a software developer and am quite curious if AppleEvents will still be present in the v7 rewrite? Same object model, or will this change? I’ve been testing AE from a FileMaker front-end to GarageSale (v6.9.7). Working well so far.

Very interested in V7. New to GarageSale and the template/listing distinction was not that obvious (v6.9.7), even for someone who has used many Mac applications.

Though new to GarageSale, my motivation is multi-user listings from a large collection of rare items. Daily volume projected to be 20-100 items. Each item has it’s own SKU. For all practical purposes there is no notion of backorder or re-stocking. Photos and item info already in FileMaker Pro.

Please send an invite.

Hallo! Ich bin etwas spät dran, aber falls ihr noch Leute braucht, die GS7 testen, wäre ich gerne bereit.
Ich habe hier eine eigene Warenwirtschaftslösung laufen, basierend auf Filemaker (ca. 500-600 ständig laufende Auktionen bei ebay, etwa 2500 Verkäufe pro Jahr). Auktionen erstellen wir über ein GS Grundtemplate, das per Apple-Script und z.T. durch automatisierte Textmanipulationen mit Textwrangler “vollendet” wird. Also wenn ihr besonders im Bereich Apple-Script jemanden braucht, der das Ganze testet: Gerne! Als OS wird derzeit noch 10.8.5 genutzt, wird aber in Kürze auf 10.10.5 upgedated.

I have a question, since this isn’t Call of Duty 2016 with crazy hardware and memory requirements, why isn’t 7 or anything over 6.8 backwards compatible with the rest of the world who’s machines won’t upgrade past 10.7, but can run the newest version of any other fancy “word processor”.

Yes, there is still AppleScript/AppleEvents support. It’s almost complete in the current alpha version, so you can have a look.

Since the GS 7’s paradigm is different from GS 6 (everything is a listing now, no distinction between templates and auctions anymore), the scripting interface has changed, too.

Will do right away.

There are several reasons for our decision:

*Apple’s current development tools only support one operating system version behind the current one.
*Older versions of Apple’s development tool won’t work on current OS X versions
*Newer versions of OS X ship with newer libraries, that offer new features requested by users or make programming easier
*We’d like to keep the number of supported operating system small, so we don’t need to test GarageSale on many different OS versions

• The majority of OS X users is already on 10.10 or later

All these reasons combined don’t make it feasible for us to target anything before 10.10.

Before I spend the next 24 hours or so downloading & installing OSX 10.11 and then GS 7, (very slow internet), I’d like to know whether a few of the issues in GS 6.9.7 have been addressed:
Do the Reports at last accurately reflect the fees actually charged by eBay UK?
When updating an auction via the Inspector, does the auction still move to the next Smart Group folder before hitting the ‘Upload to eBay’ arrow?
Is there at last an option not to import all the PayPal notifications? If not, can they be deleted in bulk rather than 1 at a time?
Currently when preparing an auction, the cost of shipping is set, then the Advanced Inspector is selected and the Item Quantity is set, then one has to return to the previous Inspector pane in order to change the shipping charge for multiple items. Has this workflow been improved?
There are many other improvements I’d like to see in the evolution of GS, but these are the main reasons I don’t use GS much at present - hopefully GS 7 will be better…

GS 7 is displaying the fees as returned by eBay, like GS 6 date. If these fees were off for you, it’s unlikely that this is changed for GS 7. From some sellers, eBay deducts VAT from the fees when downloaded by GarageSale. Might this explains the wrong fees you are seeing?

The upload the eBay arrow is gone. This is now done automatically whenever you change the starte of an order. I’m not sure how this new behavior translates to smart group changes and effects your experience.

Are you asking about a way to turn off notification badges for new PayPal transactions?

That’s left unchanged. Shipping is one of the most complicated areas of eBay, and we trying to keep it as simple as possible by not showing the additional shipping cost field unless you are selling more than 1 item.

We hope so, too. :wink:

i would like to give it a try. :smile:

I would love to test GarageSale 7. I am very anxious in this update.
I am running El Capitan