Looking for GarageSale 7 Testers

I have a question, since this isnā€™t Call of Duty 2016 with crazy hardware and memory requirements, why isnā€™t 7 or anything over 6.8 backwards compatible with the rest of the world whoā€™s machines wonā€™t upgrade past 10.7, but can run the newest version of any other fancy ā€œword processorā€.

Yes, there is still AppleScript/AppleEvents support. Itā€™s almost complete in the current alpha version, so you can have a look.

Since the GS 7ā€™s paradigm is different from GS 6 (everything is a listing now, no distinction between templates and auctions anymore), the scripting interface has changed, too.

Will do right away.

There are several reasons for our decision:

*Appleā€™s current development tools only support one operating system version behind the current one.
*Older versions of Appleā€™s development tool wonā€™t work on current OS X versions
*Newer versions of OS X ship with newer libraries, that offer new features requested by users or make programming easier
*Weā€™d like to keep the number of supported operating system small, so we donā€™t need to test GarageSale on many different OS versions

• The majority of OS X users is already on 10.10 or later

All these reasons combined donā€™t make it feasible for us to target anything before 10.10.

Before I spend the next 24 hours or so downloading & installing OSX 10.11 and then GS 7, (very slow internet), Iā€™d like to know whether a few of the issues in GS 6.9.7 have been addressed:
Do the Reports at last accurately reflect the fees actually charged by eBay UK?
When updating an auction via the Inspector, does the auction still move to the next Smart Group folder before hitting the ā€˜Upload to eBayā€™ arrow?
Is there at last an option not to import all the PayPal notifications? If not, can they be deleted in bulk rather than 1 at a time?
Currently when preparing an auction, the cost of shipping is set, then the Advanced Inspector is selected and the Item Quantity is set, then one has to return to the previous Inspector pane in order to change the shipping charge for multiple items. Has this workflow been improved?
There are many other improvements Iā€™d like to see in the evolution of GS, but these are the main reasons I donā€™t use GS much at present - hopefully GS 7 will be betterā€¦

GS 7 is displaying the fees as returned by eBay, like GS 6 date. If these fees were off for you, itā€™s unlikely that this is changed for GS 7. From some sellers, eBay deducts VAT from the fees when downloaded by GarageSale. Might this explains the wrong fees you are seeing?

The upload the eBay arrow is gone. This is now done automatically whenever you change the starte of an order. Iā€™m not sure how this new behavior translates to smart group changes and effects your experience.

Are you asking about a way to turn off notification badges for new PayPal transactions?

Thatā€™s left unchanged. Shipping is one of the most complicated areas of eBay, and we trying to keep it as simple as possible by not showing the additional shipping cost field unless you are selling more than 1 item.

We hope so, too. :wink:

i would like to give it a try. :smile:

I would love to test GarageSale 7. I am very anxious in this update.
I am running El Capitan

I would like to test out GarageSale 7 espicially if UPC/EAN problems have been addressedā€¦ Especially for multi-variation listings!

Is this still available? I would be interested, running OS X El Capitan.

In GS7, you can add a barcode for each variation. Just send you an invite. Please let me know how this works for you.

I Iā€™m testing right now, but I have a problem.
Add the barcode in product inventory.
When I insert the product into the panel variations, not me back in the automatic barcode in the ā€œbarcodeā€

We would like to try GS7 too. Starting a lot of items per month and import via Script.

1. The GS Reports are all over the place - some are more than the actual eBay fee while some are less. To some degree I can appreciate some problems with this as eBay occasionally offers a discount on the FVF.
  2. I have a Smart Folder called Time to Ship. When marking an item from this Smart Folder in the Inspector as Shipped, the item will move to the next Smart Folder (Shipped - awaiting feedback) before Iā€™ve had a chance to click the Upload to eBay arrow. I then have to go into this next Smart Folder in order to find the item and click the Upload arrow so that the item will be marked as Shipped within eBay.
  3. Not notification badges - GS imports PayPal notifications and I can find no way to stop it doing this. When I want to delete these messages, I have to delete them one at a time as itā€™s not possible to select more than one and delete them in bulk.
  4. Setting the shipping charges is such a hassle. I commented on this a year or so ago, and your response was that it would need a full re-write of GS to make such changes. Isnā€™t GS7 a big-enough re-write to warrant such a change?
    Instead of setting the shipping cost on the 1st Inspector pane, then going to the 2nd Inspector pane to set the quantity and then going back to the 1st Inspector pane to set the shipping charge for multiple items, it should all be done in one section of one Inspector pane:- Set Item Quantity - If 1, then show only shipping charge for 1 item - If 2 or more, show shipping charge for 1st item and another box to input shipping charge for subsequent items. A simple, intuitive and convenient workflow.
    There are so many other (very simple) improvements Iā€™d like to see incorporated into the next version of GarageSaleā€¦

Yes please! Please send me an invite!

Hi,

as a longtime user of Garagesale I would like to test the new version 7.

Best regards,

Peter

Add another interested party.

I would very much appreciate an invite to try GS7. I am currently having issues with UPC / Multi-Variations and am hoping this is the fix. As always thank you for your time and effort in continually improving this software. I donā€™t know how our business could function without it!

Iā€™m down to beta. Currently on 6.9.8
Thanks, Brad

hi, I would like to test GS7.
I am on the latest Mac OS 10.11.3

thanks

Please send invite, desperatley need to overcome EAN issue for variations - Mac OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite