Lost License for Garagesale

Hi,
I purchased Garagesale via the App Store in 2012. I’ve just upgraded to 6.9.2 and it is asking me for my license code. I have all the paperwork from the purchase but mysteriously no license code. I suppose I always thought I could just enter my registered email address and get the license code if I needed it - WRONG, the system will not recognise my my email address. I’ve sent off emails to support but heard nothing back (I am being impatient). Any ideas or can anyone help???

Hi TheRoseyReview,

instead of downloading the GarageSale version from the GarageSale website you can simply redownload it from the Apple Mac App Store.
Open the MAS, log-in with the same AppleID and check the “Purchased” tab. There you should find GarageSale and your other apps that you purchased.

Also see the third entry here on the Apple help page:

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,
Thanks for your response. I did download it from the App Store earlier today and it worked well except that now my database is not linking and I can’t see any of my templates - I have several thousand so this is a big problem.

I have imported my auctions from Ebay so at least I have visibility of live auctions but I really need to get my templates and inventory linked - any suggestions ?

Hi,

the App Store version and the website version of GarageSale use different places to store your date. When switching between versions, GarageSale tries to figure out which data set is the most recent and tries to use that, so the switch goes seamless for the user. Seems this wasn’t the case for you.

If you don’t have a (TimeMachine) backup, your best chance is to look for the bigger dataset and hoping your data is still there.

The website version keeps its data here:

/Library/Application Support/GarageSale

The App Store version keeps its data there:

/Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale/Data/Library/Application Support/GarageSale

There might be also several backup version of this folder, e.g.

/Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale.bak*

Using the Finder, you need to investigate which of these folders contains the largest GarageSale.sqlite file. Use that GarageSale folder and put it in /Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale/Data/Library/Application Support/
if you going to stick with the App Store version.

Hope this helps.