Managed Payments

Ebay Australia has informed me that I need to register for Managed Payments. I note that there was some discussion in July 2019 about this. Did it get resolved as to how GS handled it as a payment option?

David

It should be no problem to use ebay Managed Payments with GarageSale. Since GarageSale requires you to select at least one payment method you have to select any of the available options, e.g. PayPal. On listing start eBay will ignore these settings and return a warning (which you can ignore and start the listing anyway).

Regards, Kristian

Ah. So once I have signed up for Managed Payment, Ebay will default all items to that method?

1 Like

As far as I know: YES.

Regards, Kristian

1 Like

I have been on eBay managed payments since Aug 15. All listings are defaulted to managed payments with no additional work from me. Every new listing says “PayPal not applicable for managed payments” and I can ignore it.

1 Like

Just for the record: if things are handled similarly as in Germany, there is a grace period between signing up and actual activation of Managed Payment. But yes, once activated, all current and new listings default to Managed Payments.

To avoid the error message that rlmartin mentioned, you can create a payment policy, that is basically empty (because there are no payment options to choose from anymore). Select it as payment policy in GS and the error while listing no longer appears.

Works with both GS8 and GS7, btw.

In the USA, Any changes I try to make to the payment account forces me to choose a shipping policy and a return policy and that is a whole new set of problems. Until ebay makes the changes on their end, at least here in USA, letting the payment account alone is my only viable option.

If you just keep your Payment option as PAYPAL, eBay will give you a warning and change it on their end. I just keep PAYPAL checked as my payment option, and avoid all “profiles” like the plague! I’m in the USA and opted in to managed payments, and it works fine.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies everyone. I sit here in anticipation.
David

You still have to have at least one profile. I never changed it, I leave that up to eBay but the managed payments work fine without me changing the one profile I have. For payments anyway. They are really screwing up my shipping profiles. Ebay keeps creating more and more. I have 19 profiles just for shipping First Class envelopes.

2 Likes

Thanks Noreen. Ebay do not make it easy.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.