Migrating from GS7 to new M1 & GS9 help

I just thought I would ask before I do anything. I just downloaded GS9 on my new laptop. I didn’t install yet because I wanted to check all the steps so I don’t lose any auction templates. What is the best way to get all my templates from my old mac with GS7 to the new one with GS9?

You have to options here:

The simple way:
• You start GarageSale 7 on your old Mac and then use the Export command from GarageSale 's FILE menu to export desired listings.
• You transfer the exported listings to your new Mac and import them there in GarageSale 9.

The more challenging way:
• You locate the GarageSale 7 database folder (“com.iwascoding.garagesale7”) on your old Mac in your user Library in your Home folder under
Macintosh HD/Users/yourHomeFolder/Library/Containers
• You transfer the “com.iwascoding.garagesale7” folder to your new Mac/same location.
• Start GarageSale 9 for the first time now. It should ask you to import the previous database:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Installation_and_Setup-Importing_your_database_from_a_previous_GarageSale_version.html

Please see FAQ #29 for help how to locate your GarageSale database (it refers to the GarageSale 9 database but works the same for the GarageSale 7 database (“com.iwascoding.garagesale7”))

Hope this helps,
Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.