Missing PayPal address - May 18

Hi guys,

Just joined the forum as I’ve updated today to the latest version of GS and have encountered the same problem as many others here.

I’ve followed all the threads and tried everything to resolve this including deleting and re-adding my accounts, deleting everyting from keychain and restarting the machine. All to no avail. I’m on Mac OS High Sierra v10.13.4 and using the latest verison of GS (upgraded today)

I’ve just loaded all my listings manually for today but really need to resolve this issue.

I think that it is linked to the drop down box on the payment options which says ‘Payment Profile’ - ‘Don’t Use’. When I click the only other option to update profiles nothing happens. It’s almost as if the payment options can’t read from Preferences.

Can anyone help with this?

PS - please excuse if I am absent for a few some time between reponses.

Anyone???

Still waiting for any answer from anywhere. I’ve paid for the upgrade but this simply isn’t working

Sorry, this might be an issue with your eBay access token. I can only suggest what you probably already tried:

1. Open GarageSale 7.
  2. Remove your eBay account in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts.
  3. Quit GarageSale 7.
  4. Open the macOS “Keychain Access” application and delete all entries of type “eBay Token”. Restart your Mac afterwards.
  5. Open GarageSale 7.
  6. Re-add your eBay account(s) in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts and also enter your PayPal email address.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Thanks for the sequence and the good news is that I have managed to get it working. The sequence above however wasn’t enought to do it and for anyone else reading this with the same probelm, there is one more step.

Once you have deleted your accounts in GS and removed the eBay tokens (mine were already deleted) you need to sign out of iCloud.

I believe that iCloud, expecially if you share it across a number of devices, prevents GS from working properly.

Once I had signed out I restarted the machine, logged back into iCloud, added the accounts and PayPal details into GS and it worked.

Thanks for your help Kristian and I hope this extra step helps anyone else struggling with this.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know!
Maybe this will help other users, too.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.