New Events, now totally unreliable in Version 7

Hi,
Since the upgrade to Version 7 I have found that New Events has become totally unreliable. I can set it to go with items uploading every 3 minutes, averaging about 48 items at a time. It starts off well enough but after a dozen or so items it stops uploading and when I return to the computer and bring it out of sleep mode all the items that should have been uploaded all start uploading at the same time, which is no good for me. Today, as an example, 30 items all went on at the same time that should have gone every 3 minutes beforehand. This never happened on any previous version and It has put using Garage Sale in doubt as I do not trust it anymore. Can anyone help? Is it sleep mode maybe?
Keith England

Hi Keith,

it might work better for you if you check “prevent system from sleep” in the GarageSale preferences > eBay > Advanced.

Regards, Kristian

Kristian,
Thanks for that, I have checked and that box in the preferences is ticked to prevent it from going to sleep. So I suppose that is not the problem. Yesterday’s auctions are all over the place as I normally send them in their respective categories. Thanks for the reply anyway.
Regards, Keith

Hi Keith,

what hardware do you use? What type of Mac is it?
(Select “About this Mac” from the Apple menu)

Regards, Kristian

Hello again,
I am using a 21.5 inch iMac (1.4 GHz Intel) which is just over 2 years old. The software running it is macOS Sierra 10.12.3. I would normally not bother with things like this and muddle through but it is important to me as eBay has been very successful for me. Thanks for your interest Kristian.
Keith

In the scheduler, if you hover with the mouse cursor over a missed listing in the calendar-view, does it show an error message that could explain why the listing wasn’t uploaded?

Hi,
There wasn’t any kind of message, if there was, I cannot remember and will check next time. The Event seems to stop by the first half hour of uploading. If there is something I am missing I would love to sort this out. Next time I have an event I will double check everything. Never a problem up to Version 7.
Keith

Hi
Same problem, gave up using the Event Scheduler and now use bays scheduler, costs a few pence extra but was OK till the recent problem of nothing uploading!

The error message is preserved in the calendar view after the error occurred. You just need to point the cursor at the missing listing in the event view.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.