New Install Cannot stop crashing

Hello. I just upgraded from 7 to 8 because 7 will keep crashing trying to update on the fly. Now that I have upgraded to 8, I am having the same problem
When I open the app and go to Preferences, it immediately crashes. I read somewhere in the forum that that was caused by the old token, problem is that I can’t even remove the token since I can’t even enter Preferences. I tried already uninstalling the old version and the new one, rebooted and reinstalled ver 8, still same problem. Using Mac big sur 11.6.2

Your GarageSale 8 is only crashing when you open the Preferences, did I get this correctly? You can still work in GarageSale’s main window?

• What version of GarageSale 7 did you use before switching to GS8?

• Did you have your own “Image Server” configuration setup in the GarageSale preferences > Image Server (in GS7)?

• Can you send us the crash log files?You find it in your user Library* here:
~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

*Please note: The User Library is hidden by default. To access it click the Finder’s “Go” menu and press the option (alt) and shift key to make the User Library show up in the menu. Selecting it will open it in the Finder.

Regards, Kristian

Hi, Correct. When I go to Preferences it crashes. Same w/ the 7 version I had before and reason why I updated to v8. Before that I had v6.
I don’t remember what setting I had for the image server from my prior version
How do I upload the file. I am trying to do it here but it says that only some file types are allowed.

it also crashes when upon launching it, and being prompted to update Token I say Yes.

Kristian, see if this updated correctly
GarageSale_2021-12-24-110103_iMac5KOffice.crash.TXT (105.3 KB)

Hello Kristian. Any luck?

Hello. any updates? let me know.

I am sorry for the delay in responding. Can you please provide us with your “Crash ID” shown in the “GarageSale” menu > “About GarageSale” panel? Yuo can simply copy the Crash ID there and paste it here.

Thank you, Kristian

47f476d9a6acd39a005fdf86470f0ef0

Thanks for the CrashID. Your particular crash should already been fixed with this release:

However, the crash indicates that there’s something at odds with GarageSale accessing your eBay tokens from your Mac’s keychain. It might still not be smooth sailing, even with the 8.4.1 beta version.

OK, Thanks.
Do you recommend to uninstall the current version ?

The final release of GarageSale 8.4.1 is availble now. You can simply use GarageSale’s upgrade mechanism to update to this version.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.