Photos not visible from GS

This is a relatively minor issue compared to everything that’s been happening, but it’s been going on for years through every different update, and I wonder if there’s any solution. Usually, if I upload new photos from my camera into the computer, GS will not be able to access them unless I close and restart GS. Also, frequently, if I am working for quite a while, even without new photos, I will lose the ability to see the photos in GS. They all start to appear as “?”. Or it will all be blank, and at the bottom of the screen it says 0 Images. The “refresh” button does nothing. I have seen it work sometimes before, but usually nothing. I have a mid 2012 MacBook Pro running Sierra 10.12.6. Any ideas?

Anyone there?
Any ideas at all???

Could you post a screenshot so we can see what you see?

Also, if you start the Photo app when it happens does it show all your photos correctly? Maybe there’s an issue with your photos library that’s why I am asking.
Your photo library isn’t located on an external hard disk, is it?

Regards, Kristian

The photo ap works fine, and it’s not on an external drive.
OK so after I work for a while, GS no longer can view the photos and that looks like this:

Then I try to refresh, and it looks like this:

1. Does this only happen with the “Last Import” album?

2. In the Photos Preferences > iCloud do you have “Optimize Mac Storage” selected?

Regards, Kristian

1. No, when it happens in Last Import, it happens in all the other folders as well.
  2. I don’t use iCloud for photos.

I am a bit clueless here but could it be that the Photos app is running when they photos disappear in GarageSale’s Media Browser?
If you restart GarageSale does the Media Browser show the photos again?

Regards, Kristian

I have experimented with this. It doesn’t matter if photos is open or not. But yes, this requires a restart of GS. I generally have to restart GS every 2 hours or so for this. And then the photos appear normally, until the next time they disappear.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.