Preview of listing showing white bands

I have just modified my listing by selecting a new template with a different background, but the preview is showing white bands of colour behind the text. Is this a preview error or will my listing be like this? I don’t want to have to retype all the words again.

Hello @Emille ,
this is a bug in the text editor, if you start you will have white bands. Did you try to click on the button that delete format (first from right)? Maybe this will delete them, but I am not very sure…

Thank you for your suggestion.
I have already tried that, all it does is remove the text formatting but does nothing to the white bands, i.e. the background.

Hi Emille,

it seems you copied that formatted text including the background colro froma different source (e.g. another listing) and simply pasted it into the Preview.
In future try to use “paste and match style” from the Edit menu to paste the copied text.

For now, what you can try to reset all styles is to copy the whole text in Preview, switch to Editor mode, delete all your text/code there and then paste your previously copied text. If done switch to Preview and start formatting the text, if needed.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.