[Problem] Provide URL Image

I want to upload my listing, but this happened.
[An image upload operation returned, but didn’t provide an image URL]

I already restart the program but the problem still occur. It says the upload was successful but the it didn’t.

Uploading: Screenshot 2020-01-30 08.07.37.png…

Could it be that you’re using an older version of GarageSale 7?
If you’re still using GS7, please make sure you’re using the most recent version which is version 7.0.21.
You can get it by clicking on the grey “Download Older Versions” field here:
https://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/Downloads.html
(you have to scroll down a bit)

Also, if you’re using your own image server you might want to check your FTP settings in the GarageSale preferences.

Regards, Kristian

Hi there Kristian, thank you for the reply
I’m using 8.0.10 (1146) and all the preference all still in default GarageSale Setting, I’m not changing it. Yesterday when I upload my listing, I upload my listing daily, it has no problem. But the problem occur today.

Thank you very much for GarageSale team for answering my problem.

Where do you upload your listing images to? Our server, or only eBay’s server?

to default setting sir, I don’t know which one. I never change the default setting once I logged in.

What Ilja wants to know is what you currently have selected in the GarageSale preferences > eBay > eBay Images > “Upload images using”

Also, it would be interesting to know if this only happens with a specific listing and if the listing makes use of the variation feature.

Regards, Kristian

Yeah it is when I list NHL/NFL product (or maybe other sport mem. also affected?) Sometimes the error occurred when the progress bar almost finish.

Thank you sir

In the uploaded listing are there any images missing?

Also, could you export the listings in question using GarageSale’s export function (File menu > Export Listings) and post it here or send it to the GarageSale support so we can have a closer look at it?
Please compress (zip) the listing before posting/sending it.

Regards, Kristian

Men Ravens Athletic San Jose Sharks Camisa Trikot Maglia Jersey Hockey NHL.gslisting.zip (6.6 MB)

when the error occur, the listing says succes, but actually the listing is not yet live. I must try several times before it is live.

Everything seems to be fine with your listing including the images. I can only assume that this “didn’t provide an image” error is somehow randomly caused when trying to fetch the image URLs from the eBay servers.
If you still run into this issue we might need to have a look at the communication between eBay and GarageSale at the time you upload a listing. @ilja what do you think?

Regards, Kristian

It might be helpful if you could enable “remote logging” for GarageSale on you Mac. This way we can see the communication between eBay and GarageSale.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Start GarageSale and immediately click and hold down the ctrl-key on your keyboard.
  2. A small window should appear allowing you to enable “debug options”.
  3. In the Debug options panel, check the “Remote Logging” checkbox and paste this identifier: cBhYJq
  4. Try to trigger the eBay error.
  5. Afterwards, please make sure to disable the logging from the “Logging” menu in GarageSale’s menu bar!
  6. Please let us know when you’re done with this.

Thank you,
Kristian

done, thank you. Will let you guys know if I run into another same problem.
Thank you GarageSale team

Thank you. Unfortunately, the important part seems to be missing in the logs. Can you please repeat the procedure but this time make sure that (at step 4) you invoke the listing start process and wait for the “didn’t provide an image url” error?

Thank you,
Kristian

done, I recently list several items and using the debug options sir. Thank you very much.

still the same, now cannot reach the ebay image server sir. Already waiting about 10 minutes to upload these listings, but the progress bar just the same like that since beginning.

My best guess that there’s something in between your Mac and eBay’s picture service, that sometimes blocks the image upload. Usually that is some older wifi router, anti-virus software installed on your Mac, or some problems at your ISP.

If you change your image preferences in GarageSale to our free image hosting, and also uncheck the “Upload images to eBay if free option” to prevent GarageSale to contact eBay’s image server, does the image upload succeed?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.