Problems connecting to FTP

Hi experts,

I have the following problem: When trying to set up the FTP options I get the following error:

cannot open host: miscellaneous error occured while trying to login to the host

I entered exactly the same data as in my FTP client.

My configuration: OSX 10.8.5, GarageSale 6.8 (586)

Many thanks in advance for any hint.

Dave

Under GarageSale > Preferences > Advanced, there is a checkbox called “Log FTP and WebDAV traffic to console”. Please check this box, open the Console application (under /Applications/Utilities/), and scan the output from GarageSale. Maybe that gives you some idea what’s going wrong.

Thank you, Ilja, for this hint. I did this, but the only result I got were these two messages at the program startup:

15.02.15 11:26:07,851 GarageSale[1527]: Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/DVCPROHDAudio.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DVCPROHDAudio: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/DVCPROHDAudio.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DVCPROHDAudio, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/DVCPROHDAudio.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DVCPROHDAudio: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

15.02.15 11:26:07,851 GarageSale[1527]: Cannot find function pointer NewPlugIn for factory C5A4CE5B-0BB8-11D8-9D75-0003939615B6 in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x7fdf7206f9e0 </Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/DVCPROHDAudio.plugin> (bundle, not loaded)

Does this is in any way connected to my FTP problem?

Sorry, doesn’t seem like the output is connected to your FTP problem.

The only solution I can think of is to contact our support at garagesale@iwascoding.com and give them temporary access to your FTP account, so we can diagnose the problem.