"Product You Are Trying to List Against Is Not Available for Selling"

Just updated GS7.

I went to upload 25 items, and got this message:

"Product You Are Trying to List Against Is Not Available for Selling" (See Photo.)

The sentence makes absolutely no sense to me. Does it mean “again”? Or does listing “against” have some meaning I am unaware of?

But more than that: These items are most assuredly available. They are right here in my office, in alphabetical order.

And I would really like to sell them.

I’m getting so severely frustrated!

Update:

I figured out that I can upload most of them despite the error, as long as they have orange, rather than red, symbols on the left hand side.

But I thought this sample of error messages on uploads might be a clue for you.

Please note that there are only two messages, repeated all over the place. (This is just one of them.)

“Listing violates Duplicate Listing policy” means that you have the very same item already listed on eBay. eBay doesn’t like that and therefore denies your listing.

I’m sorry. I think I wasn’t clear.

This happened with more than 200 listings; in fact, it happened with every book I listed.

I understand that either eBay or GarageSale believes they are already listed, but that is not the case with even even one of them. I know because I spent more than an hour double checking each and every one which got the error message against the ones I have listed.

As a test, I listed 4 of them manually and directly through the eBay interface, and I had no problems. Not sure what that’s about.

Can you explain this message:

"Product You Are Trying to List Against Is Not Available for Selling"

And is that also an eBay message? Or a GS one?

Both messages you are getting are coming from eBay. :frowning:

My guess that eBay had a (hopefully temporary) malfunction.

Thank you. I was sure hoping it was yours, because I have little hope of getting eBay to fix anything.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.